You are here: Home > Message Boards > Beauty & Grooming >  Skin Talk >verne..
Beauty & Grooming  Discussion Forum

Skin Talk:verne..
2007-01-08
Name: saniya our interests r different.u r more interested in medicine while i am more interested in natural remedies.that's y u study about medicine while i study natural remedies.this doesn't mean that i have 'less' knowledge than u.u don't have asmuch knowledge about home remedies as i do neither do i have as much knowledge about medicine as u do.it's wrong to call me ignorant.when i read about natural remedies,i learnt that cosmetics have many side effects while natural remedies r safe unless used on the wrong skin type or if the person is allergic to the ingredients.but u still recommend natural remedies eventhough ur a medical student eh?does medicine teach u that natural remedies have disasterous side effects as most of the cosmetic products do?i don't think so.then y do u go about abusing and insulting everyone?i request u topost ur advice while respecting other people.since i don't advise chemical products like u do,u shudn't insult me because u have little knowledge about my advice.anyway,one thing is for sure.if we have economical and safe alternatives to chemical products,then y should we waste our time and money on something that might ruin our skin?
i am done fighting with u as this is not the purpose of this board.but this doesnt mean i have given up.im still as firm about my arguments as i was before.i just don't wanna disrupt the peace and serve the purpose of this board.
take care.
saniya xoxox
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2007-01-09
Name: saniya
Subject:  milk n pus
pus enters milk due to cows which have udder infection called mastitis.pure milk from healthy cows doesn't contain pus.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-01-09
Name: verneforchat
Subject:  i agree
with the fact u presented, i am glad you are studying.
But the fact is, how are you so sure you get milk from a healthy cow?
Ok leave apart ill cows, the healthy cows dont have mastitis, because they are given antibiotics . So that means you are having milk contain antibiotics, and all the cows are given that to prevent infection.
Pus isnt much of a culprit either, its the hormone injections that cause more harm, they are given to cattle to induce more milk. I am sure you will agree that is INDEED harmful.
And i know quite a few people who manage such farms, and there are more medications that are used.
So milk from healthy cows have antibiotics and hormones. i did prefer no milk.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-01-09
Subject:  to rajm
well...aren't the cosmetic products sold in markets fragranced?natural products r not processed in labs.they come directly from nature.
regarding the cases u have mentioned..well this is a SKIN CARE board and other than that woman,the pateints used natural remedies for the purpose of healing other problems..not skin problems!that lady must have probably applied lemon and cucumber and gone out in the sun.since lemon and cucumber r natural bleaches,exposure to sunlight immediately after application must have damaged her skin.this is what i warn about too whenever i suggest lemon.
i don't suggest natural remedies for problems which r not related to the skin,specifically facial skin.and since this is a skin care board,i don't think im ignorant for it.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-01-09
Name: verne
Subject:  note on veggies
since i have infection classes, i actually discovered that sometimes cold storage or boiling or cooking of some certain veggies wont destroy certain bacteria. I know that sounds sick, thats how food poisoning occurs. Some citric foods naturally repel bacteria, but there are some bacteria that stick to them too.
We have to be extremely careful when handling food otherwise epidemics occur, like the e.coli one in USA.

2007-01-09
Name: rajm
Subject:  a note on hydrocortisone
its a corticosteroid cream, the most mildest, given for inflammation and other skin lesions.
Since its a steroid, it is to be used precisely the way it should, as directed by the doctor, not to be used more than 5 days, unless the doctor says so, and if the doc says to come meet him after 5 days, YOU are supposed to do that.
My mum used such creams for years, without consulting the doc, she suffered from terrible side effects, still does. when i saw the prescription, it was clearly written review after 5 days. i cant blame the cream or the doctor for that misuse, can i?
all meds and all natural stuff cause side effects, we give medicines by seeing which meds or therapies will cause more good effects than bad effects. because in the body, each chemical has different effects on different parts of the body. hope u have chemistry in school :)
i am having fun with u, its like query day 2day, its like sumone is testing us sumthin ;)

2007-01-09
Subject:  ofcourse
bleach causes more sun tan, because it leaves your skin sensitive.
Why are u so desperately trying to show u know more than us when u dont?
Really go to school or sumthing, dont u have classes 2day?
Hydrocortisone is a steroid, what did u expect? and its the most mild one and the best cream out there IF used properly, i am sure you dint use it properly, its not supposed to be use more than 5 days.
i am sure u took the cream from the doc, he musta asked u to come back after a week or son, and u didnt go, obviously side effects set it.
we dont recommend such creams unless we are monitoring the patient.
dose and effects have to be take care of
ok lil one, i am really bored playing wid ya, u dont know more than us, and thats the end of this weird discussion

2007-01-09
Subject:  ofcourse not
we all consume veggies :)
like i said, we are slowly being poisoned and we cant do anything. and how is medicines supposed to provide us with carbs, prots and fats?
but obviously u cant apply it to face alot coz it has bacteria, right?
no one says live on meds, but dont live widout them if you cant.
what about hydrcortisone?

2007-01-09
Subject:  ..
then do u suggest we stop eating and drinking and starve ourselves to death because milk contains pus and veggies contain bacteria????????if u store them and wash them properly,i don't think they will harm u.now don't tell me to live on medicines since veggies contain bacteria and milk contains pus!

2007-01-09
Subject:  sp.mistake
kindly excuse me if i have mispelt the cream.i guess it's called hydrocortisone..i don't remember for sure.

2007-01-09
Subject:  hmm
verne,i always warn people whenever i suggest lemon.if u don't trust me,u can read my posts.even cucumber has mild bleaching effect.only bleach causes harm if u go out in the sun after using it and since lemon is a bleach,it does cause harm if u expose ur skin to the sun after using it.
i haven't UNDERSTOOD that lemon can be harmful under certain circumstances,i already KNEW it.as u recommend medicines,what do u have to say about hypocortisone?it was a cream i used once because the doctor recommended it.and guess what???it had steroids and i ended up in even more problems!

2007-01-09
Subject:  groan
how many timezzz this lil gurl has to be told that COSMetics are NOT MEDICINES or DRUGS!
does she have a 'neurotransmitter' block or sumthing? ;)
and o now she says ki lemon is a bleaching agent, and cucumber is a bleachin agent? wen did that happen? did they genetically engineer bleachin cucumbers? i am not having cucumber for salad if they bleach! LOLz
Verne, that pic in bailey's, we use to rag juniors, we say if u dont have safe sex in here, thats wat u will have LOL, and well partly that is true. Sumone asked us ki bhaiya, what is we stop the process in the middle LOLOL
we had a effin cuffin epidemic in our hostel too, i just used plain multivits to boost mah immunity, and got a glowin skin for reward :)
i made a report on how safe milk is, and soy milk is a betetr alternative, it is indeed shuddering to think how nature has been twisted so much :O
our first patient in derm was syphilis, after i saw that i was a celibate for almost 3 months, that pissed my gf majorly :P
and saniya, how many times should we repeat milk contains PUS, i think i will keep repeating this untill you accept the fact that natural food has its downs. All vegetables have bacteria and pesticides, and some even have parasites!
God bless us all, cause we are consuming poison in miniscule proportions everyday.

2007-01-09
Name: verne
Subject:  I dont recommend
cosmetic products, havent you been reading my posts properly? i will stop asking you to do that, because i think this is the 3rd time i have said I DONT GIVE OUT COSMETIC CURES, only medical ones.
And you yourself said natural remedies dont cause any harm, and now u say they cause harm in sun? MAKE UP YOUR mind if they do harm or not.
And now that u finally understood lemon can be harmful under circumstances, you should always issue warnings to people, like apply lemon, but dont go in the sunlight, you people say, apply lemon, and conveniently forget, that dont apply at this time or that.
Cucumber is not a bleaching veggie, lemon is.
I mentioned all kinds of cases, i can go on about skin patients, but i preferred not to, because i wanted you to know that this occurs everywhere and not only with skin patients. Skin problems can be as problematic as other problems i have written before.
Most of the natural products you recommend are not directly from nature, veggies contain pesticide and bacteria, milk contaisn lot more.
Nothing comes from nature to your home straightaway, some of them are processed, some of them are treated, or you would suffering from epidemics and food poisoning.

2007-01-08
Subject:  hmm
omg!u won'tstop insulting me will u???i know what neurotransmitters r and iknow what cells r made up of.my knowledge isn't limited to just abc and 123.i know enough for my age.
yesi know all these things r chemicalbut by chemicalproducts imean those which r complex and sold in the markets.natural remedies r simple and direct.they don'tneedprocessing and fragrances like the chemicalproducts do..tell me..what should i call those products then?
plz don't try to show false support by offering me books on natural remedies.
i don't work with bindu neither r we the same person.she tried some of my remedies and found them very helpful.
iadmit,i AM SMALL.but that doesn't mean i can't help people.i love to help people and want them to gain benefit from what i did.and there r many people who did gain benefit for ur kind info.
i don't believe verne that patients come to u after using natural remedies.maybe one in a thousand people might be having problems wid homeremedies because what they used wasn't suited to their skin or they were probably allergic.
rajm,stop making fun of me.my post was intended for verne only.
so long..

2007-01-09
Subject:  raj
yeah this is weird, i havent heard of any fragrant medicines, since they are ILLEGAL.
we did a study on how safe is natural stuff a few weeks before, i still have loads of articles with me, and some books, and i was damned! the amount of pesticies and mercury and other such damned things in your vegetables and fruits and meats, not to mention bacteria and parasites and viruses and all. my infection classes are going on, and now since we deal with patients and their food habits, i havent strayed near meat for a month! the amount of food poisoning it causes makes me shudder, especially botulism.
I gave up on milk too when i read what it contains! PUS OF ALL THINGS!! not to mention hormones and antibiotics, as if you needed that!
is there really anything natural left? all those farms mass producing stuff is really down the drain, u read the e.coli thing in US, its really so bad.
Since a long time i was only restricted to natural food and no junk food, which i still fowllow suit, because the recent studies show the facts, and i am depressed that nothing natural is safe anymore, not a single thing, no wonder they are so many diseases and disorders rampant, even with more vaccines and medicines, the diseases dont go down.
Biochemisry doesnt sit well with me either, all thos complex chemical formulas, but when you read it, you really do sit down for a few minutes and think, our body does all that? wow its super!
i LIKE the deepak chopra book too, i use it sometimes, when i know i dont have to graduate to drugs now, but in the hostel when someone is coughing around, it spreads like wild fire, so we jump on to antibiotics after 2-3 days.
yeah i have had almost all my patients come to us after they tried home remedies, one lady used lemon on her under eyes, and they looked someone like someone had punched her in the face! she had to go through a complex treatment to get back that skin.
Alot of std patients come to us after they have done with home remedies, and after stds start eating their genitals, understandably though, no one ones to go to a doc and admit they have std, but they wait tooo long or try home remedies too long to get rid of whatever that is ailing them.
See Bailey's surgery, one picture with guy with balls bigger than his pet goat!! what was he doing all this time?!?!?!!
i could go on and on too, i tried home remedies on my acne, no guess, it got worse! lead me straight to the dermatologist.

2007-01-09
Subject:  saniya kiddie
u still havent answered if we culd take coursez for natural remedies, i shuld probably hold a diploma on that, i used to offer home remedies on a newspaper column! untill i joined med school that is, and developed some brain power :)
vernie babe, do ya know any meds that have fragrances? i dont know of any, lemme whip out my drug index and see so, hmmmmm fragrant medicines,,, nope not in here babe!
hmm complex chemicals, isnt that wat our body is made up of us? its so damn complex, i culdnt remember moost of the pathways and reactions in the body enuff for the exam of biochemistry, LOLZZZ.
natural stuff dont need processin? wat r v talkin about? oki the veggies and fruits dont need processin, coz they are processed with pesticides LOL , while the stuff on shelves is already processed.
Verne, are those naturo books the one u told us about? those are fine ones, and quite expensive too :)
i have sum wid me too, also have the deepak chopra ayurvedic 1, its gud too, my house is filled wid such books ya know.
Kiddo, no one is sayin dont help peeps, HELP the peeps, but dont offer them sumthin that is of no use to them.
i get looaaadssss of patients who used home remedies and them came over to us.
1 a guy came with a broken ankle after 1 week! his aunt asked him to try a home remedy, massage it like hell! no doubt, his heel swelled like a watermelon, and he was admitted to the hosp, instead of just a bandage put on and sent home
2. a woman with horrendous dark black, keratanized skin came up, reason, she kept applying lemon and cucumber on her face for years, so we said sip the lemon with vodka and eat the cucumber lady and lets apply some good cream on ya
3. this one came quite recently, and these cases come by very often, kiddo had a whooping cough, folks thought home remedies enough, u know verne babe what whopping cvough is right? they didnt end up with us untill the kiddos immune system destroyed his valves, v asked his folks why dint they take him to a ent guy, they said they did home remedies instead coz docs are expensive. so ya know wat happened in the end, kiddo was admitted to icu cause he was losing his mitral valve, was too far gone, thru sum grant or sumthin, they got his valve replaced, so i guess his folks shelled our around qurter of a million rupees more cause they wuldnt spend 100 rupees on a forsaken ent. hey, atleast their kiddo is alive right now.
i could go on and on and on and on and on. and yesterday, sumone tried a mtp at home! with godforsaken instruments, ended up in the emergency room with vaginal bleeding and uterine damage, becoz her whack of a sister suggested a home remedy that almost cost her her uterus, i dont think its going to remain the same though.

2007-01-09
Subject:  hmm i am not
showing you false support by providing you books, so sorry about if you feel that way, its just i got a few very nice books on them, i thought i would pass them on to you if you really were interested.
I am impressed you know about neurotransmitters, i didnt think you have gone past 8th grade.
But really the next line does show you havent gone past 8th grade, medicines dont contain fragrances, they arens supposed to. They dont have complex chemicals, only the ones that are needed.
Yes patients do come to us after they have exhausted their fill with home remedies, because its natural to try natural home remedies first and then go to the doctor, everyone does that, even i did. But sometimes they went ahead with home remedies when they should have to come to us in the first place, and its not only skin, it is regaring other problems too.
Some of the natural remedies arent pure themselves either, like atleast the milk thing, and we could go on and on.
Bottom point is both medicines and natural remedies have their disadvantages, and when you need medicines, natural remedies wont work.
Please read my earlier posts if you cant understand what i am saying.

2007-01-08
Subject:  hmm saniya
i have some good books on natural cures and herbal medicine if you want, i have a encyclopedia too, tell me if you need them to pursue your studies in natural remedies.

2007-01-08
Subject:  saniya
u mentioned u study natural remedies, hmm is that a courze or sumthin? lemme know, and wat do they teach u there, do they show u patientzz or sumthin? and wat bookzz u refer, and do u study dosage and side effects, do u conduct studiess and trials on patientzz??
is it a courze for preteenzz or can us oldiezz do it too?
:P

2007-01-08
Subject:  verne
saniya is a kiddo, ignore her, did u read her \" since i don't advise chemical products like u \" LOL i am laffin so hard
what is lemon? doesnt it have citric acid, what is it? non-chemical?
LMAO ur right verne, you are dealing with smalllllll kiddoes, best of luck to you.
saniya, our body is made up of chemicals inside out, its how it actually works, and its how natural remedies and medicines work. u need to be alot grown up for that to understand.
verne, i recommend thieme's biochemistry, harper rocks my brains. and guyton is god for us medicos
verne babe, stick around for sumtime here, i noticed alota peepzzzz like u here :)
o saniya i am not here to defend her, if i wanted to, i can call up a back up of 10 more peepz, do u want 10 more peepz to come here and call u childish? looks to me bindu and you work together, mebbe u are 1 person!

2007-01-08
Subject:  harper
is a pain in the a**, but the best book i guess, we had our own notes and book from college for biochemistry and its good too.
guyton is indeed GOD.
Pages >>  1  2 

All tips on Beauty & Grooming
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
verne..

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Beauty & Grooming
& Answers to Topic :
verne..

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Beauty & Grooming
& Answers to Topic :
verne..

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:pigmentation due to betnovate c
hello mshama,
first think you did wrong think that used this betnovate c without doctor consultation, so its not right thing you do, first you should meet now to skin specialist and decide about the appointment to doctor.
... - harish [View Message]
hello friend,
you are how much of old, and what your age now, if you still continue with the betovate c cream then you should stop to using this cream now, it will be harmful for you, so stop using this.... - kiran [View Message]
hello mshma,
i think skin pigmentation didnt find any permanent solution till yet, so its not easy to get solution from this pigmentation, this cream has side effects and stop using this.... - jhanavi [View Message]
hello msharma,
you should take consultation from good and best skin specialist, so it will help you to remove your pigmentation and it will helpful to get clear skin, also you look that the cream does not have any side effects too.... - tanmay [View Message]
hello masharma,
its not right if anyone of your friend consult you about your skin and you take his suggestion and implement so its not right, dont do that type behavior with your skin again its not right at all.... - arpita [View Message]
hello msharma,
if you suffer form pigmentation you should apply depiwhite cream on your pigmentation, but first consult from your doctor an then you start to using this cream, its safe ... - uttara [View Message]
hello msharma,
i think skin pigmentation is heridatory, and its get you from your generation, if your parents have pigmentation you will also get pigmentation, in pregnancy and due to hormonal changes its occur.... - rakshanda [View Message]