• Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
More Beauty & Grooming Boards
Expecting Parents
Sex
Parents of Babies
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Beauty & Grooming >  Hair Care >wife head shave
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Hair Care: wife head shave
Name: alok
Date: 2011-07-03
hi. i am frm muzaffarpur,bihar. my wife want to have her head shaved. i m confused for what wud i say to our families after her headshave. as neither in my family nor in her family, even in temple no women have got her head shaved in past. i hav no problem in her headshave. i need sugesstion for what to say to our families after her headshave so that they are convinced. heartly waiting for ur suggestions. reply ..... soon....
Name: sneha
Subject:  venidan
Date: 2011-07-05
hi preeti. recently i am unmarried. i wanted to know that can i do venidam and tonsure just after my marriage or is there any kind of condition.
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: sneha
Subject:  venidan
hi preeti. recently i am unmarried. i wanted to know that can i do venidam and tonsure just after my marriage or is there any kind of condition.

Name: Preeti
Subject:  yes
Sneha
Yes, immediately after marriage you are eligible to do venidaan as I understand from my limited reading of ´ Prayag Mahatmya´ . But pundits may differ.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: alok
Subject:  tonsure
hi preeti. my wife is a housewife and we live in city while my folks(joint family) resides in village. yesterday my wife phoned her parents and told them about venidan and mundan.though earlier they raised their eyebrows on mundan for woman but later my wife was able to convince them. now it was my chance to convince my parents. i called them and told them about the willingness of my wife to do venidan followed by mundan.initially they guffawed but atlast they were convinced on some conditions. they even said that both of u must keep shikha after mundan as full headshave is only recommended for widows while suhagan women must have some hair left as shikha after mumdan. one more thing, what should she apply on bald head sandal paste or turmeric paste after head shave. within a week my wifes dream may be fulfilled. bye....

Subject:  I do not know
Dear Alok
´ Prayag Mahatmya´ recommends kudumi only for men. For women doing venidaan, it says that they can cut a few finger widths, etc. or till the hair roots. It also says ´ sarvamundanam (complete tonsure)´ is very auspicious for all including suhagan, pregnant women also - but only in Prayag. Beyond this I do not know. Probably your folks do not know about the exceptional merit of full mundan for all women at Prayag.
About what to apply on bald head, I do not know.

Subject:  Get shaved at Prayag
Date: 2011-07-03
Dear Alok
I am very happy to know that your wife wants to get her head shaved and that you do not have any problem with it. May the likes of your wife increase.

For a suhagan to get her braid cut off by her husband at Triveni Sangam in Prayag and to offer it to Gangamata is called ' Venidaan' and is very sacred and is supposed to be done by all women once in their life time. Optionally they can get a complete tonsure on the banks of Ganga immediately after Venidaan and this is also perfectly allowed as per ' Prayag Mahatmya' . In fact I am growing my hair for this purpose only. Otherwise it was in boycut state for months.

So first please tell your parents and her parents that your wife wishes to do Venidaan at Prayag followed by mundan as prescribed by scriptures. They cannot say no. Once they agree, both of you go to Prayag, do Venidaan followed by complete mundan of your wife. Of course you should get your own mundan done before she does Venidaan.

And from Muzaffarpur Prayag (Allahabad) is a litter over 400 km - an overnight journey by train.

I hope the path suggested by me shows some practical way for your wife to follow.

Name: ram
Subject:  headshave
Date: 2012-01-07
hi preeti
after venidan how many days i should be with kudimi ?
any way with in 48 hours i would get my mundanam in a local temple

Name: Prasad
Subject:  Headshave
Date: 2011-07-28
Hai preethi.
Last year both of us(me and my g.f) shaved our head at tirumala..first she offered her hair on 26/03/2010 with her family..the total family including her mother,sister shaved their heads..my g.f looking so beautiful now..after coming from tirumala i met her on the next day.
By looking at her face i felt so happy.
Because she did it for me..at the next moment i decided to do the same after our marriage..their parents are accepted our love and are planning for our marriage in 2012 May.
I shaved my head on 11/12/2010 in tirumala as i promised to do the same..we enjoyed the new look..next year i will get my headshave but she wants to offer her hair after 3 years of our marriage.
I said ok..i am giving importance to my g.f in all matters..i don´ t force her to do any thing..she like it.

Name: Prasad
Subject:  Headshave
Date: 2011-07-28
Hai preethi.
Last year both of us(me and my g.f) shaved our head at tirumala..first she offered her hair on 26/03/2010 with her family..the total family including her mother,sister shaved their heads..my g.f looking so beautiful now..after coming from tirumala i met her on the next day.
By looking at her face i felt so happy.
Because she did it for me..at the next moment i decided to do the same after our marriage..their parents are accepted our love and are planning for our marriage in 2012 May.
I shaved my head on 11/12/2010 in tirumala as i promised to do the same..we enjoyed the new look..next year i will get my headshave but she wants to offer her hair after 3 years of our marriage.
I said ok..i am giving importance to my g.f in all matters..i don´ t force her to do any thing..she like it.

Name: Sanjna
Subject:  scared to shave
Date: 2011-07-08
hello.im 18 and im going to get my headshaved next month.im very scared so i need some pics for encouragement.can someone pls send me some?

Subject:  Sindoor
Date: 2011-07-04
Alok
I forgot. She can and must put a small amount of sindoor on the hairline (at the same place where she used to part her hair when hair was there) regularly after her headshave. And she should wear kumkum on her forehead even with her bald head. The bald head will look very beautiful if she wears small earstuds and a nose stud.

Subject:  Venidaan
Dear Alok,
Never give much thought to everyone´ s view about a lady´ s tonsure. The view of husband and parents is good enough. Just do not care about others´ views and just laugh it off.
Venidaan:- Always to be performed by a married lady in the presence of her husband only once in her life time. First the husband should get his tonsured (with kudumi). The wife should take bath and wear a new saree. She should wear sindoor, kumkum etc. The husband should comb and braid the hair of his wife and put flowers in it. Then with a set of new scissors cut of a predetermined length of her braid and hand it over to her. Some shy women cut off just a few fingerwidths while one cut off till close to the head. The lady should do pooja to the cut braid and ceremonially leave it into the Triveni sangam with mantra. The pandit on the bank will advise on this.
After that she can come back to the bank, sit there cross legged (her husband must sit watching her) and get her head completely tonsured (without kudumi) by a barber. She should give daan to the barber, bathe again in the river with the saree she had worn and further wear a new saree. The sarees need not be costly.
As for myself, my hair is about two years old (my last tonsure was in 2009) that is, about 15 inches long. I will be doing venidaan at prayag in 2013. By then I expect my hair to be about 2 feet long. Afterwards, no more long hair for me - only short boycut and Tirupati gundu.
Is your wife a housewife or employed?

Name: alok
Subject:  prayag tonsure
hi preeti. thanks for ur prompt reply. hope this cud be a solution.though i dont hav any problem with her headshave but after her tonsure i only fear the snide comments and reactions in public place like railway station, market. by the way what is the complete process for venidan. should she wear saree or salwar kameez during venidaan. can she put sindoor after her headshave. i hav also heard that whoever get their head shaved at prayag or varanasi must sport kudumi(shikha- hair left at top of head after headshave) be it men or women. as u said u r growing ur hair, when will u perform venidan. what is the current length of ur hair now. thanking u again for showing me the way. bye...

All tips on Beauty & Grooming
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
wife head shave

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
Tonsure
Hallo k.girish, you have not replied to my earlier 2 letters,of course you may be busy,but i would like to know the reason for your tonsure after about 6 months,as i am feeling very much uncomfortable if hair tonsure is done after 2 months. In pitru paksha I got tonsured and now again i going for tonsure before diwali. If it is over 2?2 months my barber will also ask why ... - subray p hegde [View Message]
headshave with tuft
Dear Srinivasaji, You have not informed any of your experience of 7th August and afterwards,regarding pujas,regular period of tonsure after 7th,your office experience,etc.Please inform. We are also doing the office/audit work alongwith with pujas with regular razhor tonsure with tuft of length of about 3-4 inch. ... - subray p hegde [View Message]
Tonsure
Hallo Girishji,To Continue on this matter, on the day of pitru paksha I got my head tonsured with tuft and performed tarpan and my wife has not told anything and anyone has not told anything. Now it is about 40 days since then I told today that I have to get my head tonsured before this diwali pujas my wife told no and she asked for one inch craff cut on the head and machi... - subray p hegde [View Message]
remedy
Hi frnds my name is shabeena and I' m studying b tech 1st year and I newly joined in clg and I have very short and thin hair and now a days I m feeling too inferiority and all my friends hav. Very long and thick hair and among them a girl named ' x' is teasing me very like short hair you short hair girl and she got beautiful thick n long hair and she' s very proud of it... - shabeena begam [View Message]
congrats
hai prajna gi first upall congrats.who is small baby ... - krishna [View Message]
congrats
hai geetha gi congrats i wish u safe delivery.take care this 9 months and give healdy baby to your family ... - krishna [View Message]
gundu
hai kumuda garu gundu experinace alavundi if it possible can u post u r before and after gunsu picks plz... - krishna [View Message]

Turn off your mobile phone Video