• Hyderabad
  • Ghaziabad
  • Chandigarh
  • Ahmedabad
  • Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >Suji/Semolina/Rava for 7 month old
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Feeding: Suji/Semolina/Rava for 7 month old
Name: SP
Date: 2006-12-03
can upma/ suji halwa be given to a baby who is 7 months old?
Name: sd
Subject:  baby food
Date: 2006-12-04
Hi Sp

Plz find below some websites which might give u some ideas for baby food... or u can just go to google search for baby food... U will get some good ideas/recipes for baby food..

www(dot)wholesomebabyfood(dot)acom/cereals(dot)htm

www(dot)gardenandhearth(dot)com/Baby-Food-Recipes/baby-oatmeal(dot)htm

www(dot)nncc(dot)org/Nutrition/mak(dot)babyfd(dot)html

Here r some recipes for indian baby food:

But plz do keep in mind that U need to first try it before u make it a daily food for ur baby... Give it and check to see if ur baby is allergic... if he is eating food as usual.. passing motion as usual and then continue... ALso if U have any doubt do check with ur baby's doc...

- U can try the suji recipe with whole wheat flour also.... U will get whole wheat flour in all grocery stores.... add a lil butter/ghee with banana/ mashed raisins or a lil sugar and feed it he will love it....

- Also U can try to give him boiled veggies... like carrot,potato.... boil carrot/potato in water... then mash it will milk/formula .. a lil salt or sugar based on u baby's taste and feed... u can do the same with sweet potatos too in sweet potatos u need not add sugar or salt... it has natural sweetness...

- Also U can cook moong dhal with lil salt... pinch of spice, veggies... and mash it with lil rice and feed..make it lil liquid consistancy so its easy for ur baby to swallow

- Also try cooking beets with lil toor dhal and mash it with lil rice... a lil salt a lil ghee/butter ur baby will just love it.... beets have a lil natural sweetness... ur baby will love it....

-Also try some ready made rice/oatmeal baby cereal too

- For snacks u can try baby biscuits/ fruit bites... apple juice....

I have given all these to my son since he was 6-7 months.... and he loved eating it... and till date he loves veggies.... he is 2 1/2 now.. I have no problem with him in terms of food....

So try it maybe ur baby will like it too... but do keep in mind that with ur baby u r the mom .. so u know whats best for ur baby...I have given u only ideas so u decide what u can give and change the recipes based on ur baby's taste/preference....

I hope my advice suggestions help...
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: SP
Subject:  Food
thanks!
Msg Objection   Go to Top

Subject:  Hi
Hi SP

Yes, U can cook it with water and add formula after u remove it from the stove..Maybe if it is a lil thick... U can add hot/warm water and then formula powder or directly formula milk.....

Thats a very good idea....

U r the Mom/chef to ur baby.... and U know the best ways u can provide nutrietious food to ur baby.... so go ahead... try it .....

Subject:  Variety
Thanks... what else can i give him to add variety to his menu?

Subject:  Hi
Hi SP

I used and still cook suji with cow's milk ... U cannot cook suji with formula...

If u have not started cow's milk.. then first start by giving cow's milk....when ur giving cow's milk for the first time... dilute with water .. like 2 oz of whole milk with 2 oz of water and give or u can go for 2% , 1% milk.... start giving milk and then wait for a day or 2 and check on ur baby to see if he has no allergies, if he is normal like eating as usual, passing motion as usual etc and then continue to give cow's milk... also plz do check with ur baby's doc....

Once ur baby is fine with cow's milk then u can start suji.... but try suji after 2-3 weeks from the day u start cow's milk...

Subject:  Suji/rava
Hi SP

Yes.. U can give ur baby suji halwa....

But when u r feeding it for the first time try to cook it with milk and water... and get it to the cerelac consistancy... a lil liquid... so its easy for the baby to swallow...

Also when u feed it for the first time... wait for a day or two and see if Ur baby is eating well and passing motion as usual.... and then continue giving suji/rava.

First fry rava/suji in a non stick pan.... for 2-3 minutes... and simultaniously heat half milk and half water in a another pan... and when the rava/suji is hot enough then add the waterand milk and cook it in simmer....and keep stirring it so it does not get lumpy, if it get thick just add a lil more water/milk and make it a lil liquidy so ur baby can eat it easily and at last add a lil ghee/butter, and lil sugar... and ur baby will enjoy it....

I have tried it for my son and he enjoyed it when he was 6 months and he still enjoys it.....

It is very good for ur baby.. coz Rava it made of wheat and it has fiber contents, healthy vitamin/minerals....

Have fun

Hope my suggestions/advice helps u....

Subject:  cooking suji
Hi SD.. thanks for the details.. i plan to do this. my son is wanting variety as he is bored.. so plan to try out suji. but y cant i add formula into it after cooking it with water?

Name: Rakhee
Subject:  which milk?
What kind of milk are you talking about? cow's milk/formula(RTF)?

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Suji/Semolina/Rava for 7 month old

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------
Last 7 Posts of this Board
Bottle feeding 7 month old
Dear Ramesh Jee, you should not worry if baby rejects bottle. In fact it is good practice to feed with spoon as inspite of maximum care it is not possible to clean bottles properly and this leads to infection. You should be happy that your baby drinks through spoon. You should carry on with infant formula till one year and may consult your doctros on providing weaning food... - Geeta [View Message]
Bottle Feeding
Did you ended up solving this issue? My 7 month old daughter is still not feeding from bottle. We give her with spoon and she has 60ml everyday. She also breastfeeds at regular intervals. We are happy with her eating routine, however just a bit concerned about this issue of rejecting bottle. We tried changing to a different bottle, that did not work either.... - Ramesh [View Message]
Bottle Feeding for 7 month old
My 7 month old daughter is still not feeding from bottle. We give her with spoon and she has 60-70ml everyday. She also breastfeeds at regular intervals. She has also started with semi sold food - cerelac(rice/wheat) and home cooked food. We are happy with her eating routine, however just a bit concerned about this issue of rejecting bottle. We tried changing to a differen... - Ramesh Bhaskar [View Message]
Dear Arishma

It is good that you contact pediatrician.
But i want to know are you not feeding yourself?. I think that you should feed yourself & than give her bottle milk.

because when your baby will get your personal feed than only be satisfied.

if i am wrong than forget me. But it is true on my part.

... - Ashish [View Message]
Dear Reeta,

If you can feed him for more a year than it would be good.

Nobody can bet mother' s milk. feed him uptill last till you can.... - Ashish [View Message]
Pk

Don' t take this seriously. today' s kids are smart & fast. They do what they like it. If still you want him to have Breasts Milk than give it in a bottle. Temperature should be normal to Hot & cold, so i advise to take out your breasts milk and keep bottle in No Direct Sunlight Place.
Dear Swati

Don' t feed Cheese, this could stuck in stomach & your baby could have to face problems in future.

Getting Rid of Blackheads Video