You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Preschoolers >  Nurseries and Schools >Choosing a Right School Is Single-sex sc
Parents of Preschoolers  Discussion Forum

Nurseries and Schools:Choosing a Right School Is Single-sex school or C
2009-07-07
Name: Editor What kind of a school have you put your child in? Do you think a single-sex or a mixed school makes a great difference to your child' s performance? Which type of environment do you think is more favourable? Why do you think so?
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2009-07-07
Name: Neeta
Subject:  Siblings
The choice of schools is often determined by the number of siblings. I have a son and a daughter and both of them go to a co-ed school. My brother has two daughters and he has put them in a girl’s school. It depends upon the thoughts and thinking of the parents also. Most of the times beliefs of parents about the single-sex or co-ed schools has lot of influence on the decision about which school should be selected for the child. However, I feel that if we have two children, one boy and one girl than co-ed school is a better option.

Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-07-07
Name: Varun
Subject:  Co-ed better
From my experience, children in single sex schools become more shy and reserved. When they meet people of the other sex, they do not know how to act around them because they have not done so before. Also single-sex school is like gender discrimination, treating children differently. This is not correct at all. It is just like exposing children to gender inequality right form the young age. It is better to put them in a co-ed school otherwise problems may be created during the future life of the child. If have seen that some girls from female schools think that boys are the worst creatures of this world.

Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-07-07
Name: Shalini
Subject:  Good topic
Hi. This is an interesting topic that you have written about. This debate can go on and on and never get over. The reason is the personal feelings. If the parents feel a particular school is right for their child that is all. I think that it depends on how parents perceive these schools. It does not depend on the school whether the child gets spoiled or not. It all depends upon how well parents and teachers culture children at the right age. But yes, the type of school does not matter only thing that matters is the school should be good and educate children in proper way.

All tips on Parents of Preschoolers
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Choosing a Right School Is Single-sex school or C

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Preschoolers
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Preschoolers
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
Good schools in borivali ( Mumbai)?
I am planning ICSE board for my kid.
I need a help to choose the best school in borivali(Mumbai).... - Divya [View Message]
Which is the best school for girls in Bangalore?
Hello Everyone,

I am the mother of a 2.5 yr old girl child. We are planning to put our daughter in school next year (June 2018). However, we are totally confused as to which is the best place for her. Can the parents out here please help us with reviews. Kindly tell us which is the best school and also why it is the best... If you do not like a particular scho... - Mommie Panda [View Message]
RE:Which is the best school for girls in Bangalore?
You can check the feedback from your neighbours. They are the best source of information for knowing about schools.... - Aki [View Message]
RE:Good schools/preschools in Hyderabad
hello pari,
you dont worry and find out preschool near by your home which is easy for you travelling also it may be easy to drop your kid over there, so dont take admission which is far from your place.... - naina [View Message]
hello pari,
you are really very good in take responsibilities and also good to keep this responsibilities in good way, so you are good mother who is worried about take admission in good preschool.... - neha [View Message]
hello pari,
in hyderabad you can find many preschool near by your residence, you just need to check it on google, so it will be helpful for you, as well as you can take consultation from your friend circle also.... - yogesh [View Message]
hello pari,
your daughter is now only 3 years old and from now how much you are conscious about her future things, so dont take stress every things will go good in direction, need to take proper precaution.... - rihan [View Message]

Home | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Comments or Suggestions | Indiaparenting News Articles | Contact Us | Advertise with Us | RSS
Copyright (c) 1999 - 2017 India Parenting Pvt. Ltd.