• Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
More Parents of Preschoolers Boards
Expecting Parents
Sex
Parents of Babies
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Preschoolers >  Nurseries and Schools >Delhi Public School, Bangalore East
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Nurseries and Schools: Delhi Public School, Bangalore East
Name: Nitin Kohli
Date: 2009-06-22
I am planning to put my daughter in DPS Bangalore East , Sarjapur, in Nursery Class.
Any one please share his/her experience with DPS for management, Teachers, polisies, Discipline and Fee.. Thanks in advance for you comments on this.
Name: ronith
Subject:  Delhi Public School, Bangalore East
Date: 2009-06-24
Pls note that this is not my experience. I' ve read this from another school discussion forum and sharing this,
(r2blore.chitra-aiyer)

Aggreived parent, on March 5th, 2009 at 12:06 pm Said:
Friends, I took my daughter to DPS east for “Observation” for pre-nursery and they took the poor kid to a room and supposedly gave her some tasks(from what my daughter told me) which she finished. Now when the list of admissions is out her name is not there, so I go there and inquire from them, the reply is “Sir she is good but not excellent”. Even repeated entreaties to them to tell me at least the general areas in which my kid should improve was met with the response “please try next year”. After this staggering revelation from the front desk I request to meet the Principal not once but twice and that too in person but I am refused because she is “very busy”.
My simple question to all the parents out there is: Should a kid as young as 3 yrs be yanked away from his/her parents and interviewed/observed in isolation? Isn’t there a recommendation by the Ganguly committee that there should be no interview/observation of the pre-primary kids?
I am terribly upset at the way admissions are handled in this institution. All these places have become money minting addresses.
NB:The sole reason I am not giving out my name is because I don’t want my kid to be penalized for this mail by other such “educational institutions”

Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: nitin kohli
Date: 2009-09-02
Thanks for your feedback on this..I will take care of these points. thanks/
Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: ronith
Date: 2009-06-24
Hello Nitin,

We have talked to couple of parents whose kids are studying there when we were looking for school admission.
The general opinion was DPS is an average school and the academics are just ok. Nothing so great.
Moreover the class strength is too large and the fees is also high. The kids won' t get any individual attention eventhough you pay high fees.
They admit kids without any class size restriction. Thats why there are many divisions for even Nursery/KG.
But still we did visit the school last year to see the campus and check out the nursery admission. They have age criteria of 3 years as of June. Since my child will be few months younger the admission in charge told us that you can try in management seat. I was literally shocked and asked what is that.
He told us you have to pay extra donation in some vacant management seats!!!
We didn' t expect such kind of reply or something like that could happen. We were neither interested in any such\" extra\" paid admission and we left embarassed.

I' ve read extremely bad experiences from some other parents applied for nursery admission in other forums. There seems to be either no response or the reply was \" your child didn' t perform well in the observation\" . They conduct \" observation\" of your child to take in to nursery. Not sure how they assess a 3 year old child.

Pls talk to other parents and get their feedback too.

Thanks
-R
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: nitin kohli
Date: 2009-09-02
Thanks for your feedback on this..I will take care of these points. thanks/
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Preschoolers
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Delhi Public School, Bangalore East

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
Pre School near Sector 12 NOida
I have heard good feedback about Prakriti play school, located in Sec 22 NOida,however m not sure how is it.

please suggest me the best one for my 2yr doll.... - Nidhi [View Message]
Good Pre School in Sector 12
Hi Nidhi,
Have you looked up at EuroKids? I have heard they are pretty good. I am planning to put my child there as a lot of parents in my locality have advised me to do so.... - Navya [View Message]
hi
hi Navya

I am going to look Euro kids aswell, but need feedback on others too ,to choose best among all.

how is Little Angels Nursery School ,sector 21 or Jingle bell nursery school,sect 12... - Nidhi [View Message]
hi
which sector Eurokid is?
... - Nidhi [View Message]
Playschool
Dots Montessori, Harlur, HSR, Sarjapur
Petals Montessori, Marathalli... - Playschools [View Message]
Good Day Care
Hi Nimisha,

I being a mother myself can understand your dilemma of finding a good day care which should give our child the feel of home away from an home. I shall say you should go for Eurokids. They have good environment, warm and supportive staff. The kid' s need are their first priorities. When my child comes back, I have been seeing a positive change in hi... - Mital [View Message]
Good Pre School
Hi Deep Love,
It is very important to find a good pre-school as it is the founding step of a child' s education.Even me and my husband are working so we can completely relate with you. I spoke to a few of friends and researched for quite a while. I finally found the perfect school in eurokids.They good atmosphere, amazing field trips and fabulous way of teaching.My c... - Vandita [View Message]

The sound of rain Video