You are here: Home > Message Boards > Planning a Baby >  Waiting to try >Hi Megs, babysos & sherry!
Planning a Baby  Discussion Forum

Waiting to try:Hi Megs, babysos & sherry!
2007-05-22
Name: KR Hi guys,

Hope & wish you all are doing great! I satrted this new thread as I thought the other one might become older and older as there are new topics posted everyday. So let' s start updating in this thread hereafter. Let me know what you all think? Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Take care and have a good day!

Love,
KR
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2007-06-29
Name: Babysos
Subject:  hi
hi everyone...

my period is overdue by 4 days today so i am really hoping i have conceived this time. i am getting slight period like cramps every night while sleeping but nothing during the day. i also thought that maybe coz i am traveling my period is delayed. what do u think? let me know
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-06-23
Name: KR
Subject:  Hi Megs, Babysos & Sherry!
Hi Gals,

Glad to see your postings. I' m sorry that I couldn' t keep up, I was kinda engaged with my daughter as she' s in summer vacation and also certain things kept be busy and exhausted. And again friends from out of state are comming to visit for a week or so, so I guess will be out of touch for couple of days. But I' ll try to keep in touch whenever possible.

And from my end, I had my second visit with gyn and had my first U/S. Everything seems to be fine and the lil one too. I have written all abt it in a seperate post in jan 2008 board. Gals, when you find time go thru the post.

Babysos, very nice to hear from you being so far away. Keep your fingers crossed and our prayers are with you always. Enjoy your vacation, don' t think abt anything rite now. Am sure you will give good news for us soon. Enjoy dear!

Sherry, drink lots of water, fruits and veggies and also food that will cool down your system. Like babysos said take food on time and don' t take tamarind(imli), lemon or tomato anything citrus which will increase the acidity. And also no spicy or oily food. Hope you feel better soon! How' s your mom anyway?

Megs, am really sorry for my late response. I had replied to you in the jan board 2 days go itself. I don' t know if you haev noticed that. Plese go thru it next time you visit jan board. hope your lil one is giving you kicks now and then. You will probably expecting the day to go to your mom' s place, huh!

Take care you guys. Will keep in touch!

Lots of Luv,

KR
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-06-21
Name: Meghnah
Subject:  hello girls
Hello babysos,KR,n sherry,
sherry-acidic problem,well this happens if u do not eat fud properly during proper time..So is thisz the reason ur having acidity?Or may be that ur eating too lil,so thats why u have this acidity..U know what,start eating healthy diet at one proper time,ur acidity will soon vanish..Buttermilk with lil hing is gud for acidity...Hope u get over it soon...well baby is doing great..Kicking a lot:-)

KR-where r u?No reply from u since many days..Have posted a post on ur due date board too,didnt get a reply.How r u doing?Do write back...

Baby sos-Waow,its nice to hear from u.So sweet of u ,u tuk out time in this schedule of urs n wrote back..Very nice...Is ur hubby also with u?Is this a vacation?anyways hoping n praying that u' ve already conceived...

keep writing,take care
lotsa luv
megs

2007-06-22
hi Megs,

yeah i am on holiday with my hubby in Paris...we have internet connection in the hotel room so i check mail etc :)

really hoping i have conceived this time but then again if not, will try harder next time around...

sherry, buttermilk is excellent for acidity..also make sure u time ur meals properly...keeping too long a gap between meals also causes acidity... so be careful of when u eat as well as what u eat...

well, all for now... will keep checking this thread when i can

take care

love,
babysos

Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-06-20
Name: Sherry
Subject:  Hello Megs,Babysos and KR
Hello Guyz,

Good to see your messages.I' m doing well now.I have acidic problem,my tummy aches so badly.I did try having curds but it gets worse :( I have stopped having milk too...This month I' m on TTC.I hope something works !!!!!! Have a good trip Babysos.

Megs,howz you and your baby!!!!! TOO naughty huh!! How are you doing KR,hope your health is fine.

Please keep in touch and take care.

Love.

Sherry.

2007-06-21
hi girls...

i´ m doing fine.. i have access to internet so i thought i´ d write in and say hi. hope everyone is fine.. my period is due on 25th... hoping n praying that i have conceived... will let u know..

love
babysos

2007-06-12
Subject:  Have a safe and fun journey!
Hi babysos,

Glad to hear from you and that nothing to worry abt. Hope everything works out well from here on. I guess you will be leaving tomorrow, have a safe and fun journey! Will keep this thread lively as it is now. Do join us as soon as you get back.

Take care n Good luck!

Love
KR

2007-06-12
Subject:  happy journey
hello babysos,
yes,it wud be gud if u take a second opinion..U can do that once u cum back..Till then howeever u have time 2 check this tablets effects...Gud 2 hear that u didnt get any side affects after consuming 2 tabs...So if daily if u have 2 take 3 tabs,this means u have 2 take 1500mg of met..hmm

oh yeah,it will work out very well for u:-)Our prayers r with u..

anyways happy journey n take care n do write back once ur back...

lotsa luv
megs

2007-06-09
Subject:  feeling better today
Hi Megs...

Thanx for the info! My doc has told me to continue in spite of the side effects and said i can not stop it under any circumstances till my delivery. So... no choice there but thinking of taking a 2nd opinion. Also i am feeling much better today in spite of taking 2 doses of 500 mg after breakfast and lunch. I only have the dinner dose left now. I think i didn' t feel too much side effects today coz i was out with friends all day and really had a great time spending the day with them.

I' m back now and need to exercise. Hey my insulin levels are well under control so its not an issue of insulin.

Thanks again for the info. I am sure it will work out well for me. I am in my fertile period so hubby n i are TTC. -)

Take care and keep writing!!

Love n hugs,
Babysos

2007-06-08
Subject:  metmorfin
hello babysos,
hmm so metmorfin has these side effects.Didnt know this at all.Coz I read that normally for ppl with PCOS they prescribe Metmorfin or clomid.So thought it wud be safe...n the point is,if doc knew it has side affects,he shd have had told u.Atleast u wud be prepared,n know what side affects it has.How cum all of a sudden hesz telling u to stop taking it now?

btw how many tabs of metmorfin were u having daily?n how much mg each?coz I read it on net that taking 1500mg daily, will make u feel sick,
constantly dry reaching, chronic fatigue and causes nausea. But having 500 mg is slightly better...

I' m posting an article what I read on metmorfin--read it.Hope it gives lil releif--
Well, Met is an insulin-sensitizing drug. Research has shown that the hormonal problems with PCOS that lead to the outward symptoms (you know, extra weight in the middle, excess hair growth, dark skin patches, acne, etc) are linked to insulin levels in the blood.

In a woman with PCOS, her body is sending out TOO MUCH insulin when it' s trying to digest food...insulin is needed to take glucose (which comes from processing sugar or carbohydrate) into the cells to turn it into energy. When too much insulin is sent out, it' s because the cells aren' t responding to the insulin that' s already in the blood...for some people, this causes low blood sugar. For most of us, though, the extra insulin just floats around and causes fat to be stored. This is what doctors call \" insulin resistance.\"

Met helps the body use the insulin it has more effectively - this way, the body doesn' t NEED to send out more insulin and insulin levels remain normal.

Many women have found Met to be a miracle drug, but it does come with some side effects - mainly upset stomach and diarrhea, which is sounds like you' re starting to experience.

many women have found that eating certain foods make the stomach upset worse, or taking it at certain times in a meal helps.

Also, Met can do WONDERFUL things for you if you' re willing to meet it halfway. Many cysters eat some kind of a low-carb plan to avoid insulin spikes (although not all, some eat low-fat or other forms of diet) and exercise is KEY! This helps keep the insulin levels in your body low - which helps weight loss AND clears up some of the other symptoms.

From what I' ve heard, the symptoms slow down after a few weeks on it. So if you can stick it out, it may be a miracle drug for you too!

nyes,babysos I' ve heard u shd drink lotsa lotsa water when ur on metmorfin..so do drinking lotsa lotsa water.Hope this works...

hope it bcumes miracle for u:-)now do not worry.Evrything is gona be allrite soon.WE will pray for u...
lotsa luv
megs

2007-06-08
Subject:  metformin
hi guys...

the news is... my GYN forgot to tell me about the side effects of Metformin. Apparently many women experience gastro related problems like vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, headaches etc because of Metformin. I come into work every morning feeling sick and tired ever since I started Metformin. And i thought it was because of stomach infection. So i went to my family doctor who said I had stomach infection and prescribed antibiotics. I showed him Metformin and asked him if i could still take it while taking antibiotics. He said it was ok to take it together. So i just went on and on taking both and this morning, on my last dose of antibiotics i was feeling the same as i did on the 1st day of feeling sick. So i googled Metformin and found out that many women feel sick after taking it. I called my GYN and told him that i started taking medication because i thought it was stomach infection. He said i should stop the antibiotics since Metformin causes all these side effects. What the hell! My antibiotics dose is over today and i feel like crap. I am supposed to be ovulating one of these days and i feel so miserable coz of all these medicines. I cried so much coz i felt like hell.

i need to get over this damn horrible feeling... help!

love,
babysos

2007-06-11
Subject:  thanx
Hey KR & Rose,

Thanks for the support! I am feeling better. I have been taking Metformin daily but for a couple of days I took only 1000mg per day coz i really needed to get a hold of the side effects. I´ m back to 1500mg per day now and am dealing quite well with it. My body has gotten used to it. I didn´ t really ask my GYN too many questions and trusted him quite blindly which is entirely my fault. I had read that a lot of people take Metformin or Clomid so i assumed it would be ok and i wouldn´ t be alone in the process. And i didn´ t think about side effects at all. But now there´ s nothing much to worry coz i have settled down with it, i hope :-)

Other than that, i am getting ready to travel for the next 3 weeks. I am quite looking forward to that. I would love to keep this thread or a new one going with you guys so please keep writing in.

I will write in once before i leave tomorrow. So take care everyone!

Love n hugs,
Babysos

2007-06-09
Name: Rose
Subject:  Metformin
Hi Babysos,

I just read about the problem you had.
Its not very unusual for your body to adjust to any medicine and the same goes for metformin. Its just that some people´ s bodies take longer to get used to the doses.

I have been taking Metformin for 2 and a half months now and I still feel nauseous in the evening. So much so that it all food smells just get to me.

But its not an everyday thing, just ocassionally. And there is nothing really that you can do about it. You have to take the medicines without fail.

Just take care that you dont miss your doses coz this medicine can do wonders for you. Thats what iv read all over the net.

So dont you worry abt this your stomach upset n all coz they all with subside with time.

Take care,
Rose

2007-06-08
Subject:  Don´ t worry!
Hi babysos,

Hope you are feeling better. Our prayers are with you! I don´ t get it, how come your Gyn didn´ t mention it and your family Dr who shud be knowing the facts for sure also didn´ t warn you or think abt it. Everything in the world seems to be more commercial, we shud be more carefull I guess. How come they are so careless rgding such things........hmm. Thanks God you suspected and gave google search.

Just don´ t loose your hopes or strength dear. Now atleast you are able to know things and am sure you will be more careful before taking or accepting any medication. And here after whatever changes you have when you are in medication consult with your Gyn too. And next time you visit him, let him know that you want to know the cause and side effects of any medications he´ s gonna prescribe you.

Don´ t feel so down abt it, I know how bad you are looking forward to your TTC. But don´ t let this thing affect your health. Gather yourself and be strong. Take care and am sure everything will be alrite soon.

Love & Prayers,

KR

2007-06-07
Subject:  Hi Girls!
Hi Megs & babysos,

Great to hear from you guys! Am doing well and see that you both are doing fine. Well I hope you guys have a good chance of meeting in Banglore huh?!.......WOW...it' s so amazing isn' t it.

Megs, hope you have wonderful journey and healthy delivery. I love pav bhaji too even though I' m basically from Tamil Nadu, I use to prepare now and then when friends come over or during weekends before we moved to this place. But no friends arnd and it' s been a yr or so I prepared it. After seeing your posts feel like having it.........mmh yummy!

Babysos, as Megs said do take care of your health and be regular in taking antibiotics. Hope you are feeling better now. Have a safe journey, we will definelty miss your post for 3 weeks! ofcourse yea.... we' ll keep writting.

Take care and lots of luv,

KR

2007-06-06
Subject:  hello gals
hello KR,babysos n sherry,
How r u all doing?I' m doing great,n so is my baby:-)

babysos-hmmm U need 2 be scolded,why did u not take the antibiotics?Ur lucky,it just ended up as a minor thing(touchwood)..Otherwise things wud have been bad.See babysos I' m not scaring u,just that u have 2 be more careful towards ur health from now on...Do not neglect ur medicines...Do have them regularly...I do not want 2 hear any major negligence on ur part from now on..N hey babysos,as ur taking medicines,do eat lotta fruits n keep urself very well hydrated..Coz these medicines cause heat n its better 2 be laoded with fruits n water:-)So now r u taking metmorfin too?WEll I' m due sumwhere between sep26th to oct 3rd..No,I live in India itself:-)To be precise Noida:-)But my hometown is bangalore...How abt u?where r u from?

KR-oh yeah,naughty baby.But these kicks r not very regular.Sumdays it kicks n sumdays No kick at all..Anyways may be from 24th week its gona be more regular...I' ll write 2 u more on ur due date board...

sherry-how r u doing?Howsz ur fever now?R u adjusted 2 ur new time now?

anyways take care gals n do write back..

lotsa luv
megs

2007-06-07
Subject:  trip
Hi Megs,

Same here! Hot weather n pav bhaji! Not a great combination :-)

I´ m going to Pune. I will be back in Bangalore on 3rd July as well. How long are you going to be here?

Love n hugs,
Babysos

2007-06-07
Subject:  pav bhaji
Hello babysos,
hmm pavbhaji...I 2 luv them.I 2 had it once last year from sumwhere outside,that too it was pretty hot in-here,hot sun n pavbhaji,didnt suit me at all.The same day I had loose motions n stomach was totally upset..Immediately I started drinking Black tea.By the time I drank 4th cup of black tea,my dysentry was reduced.N evn I had decided I 2 wont eat pavbhaji 4m anywhere outside.But luk at me,still when I go out,I end up eating it....Hmm sumthings n our favorites NEVER CHANGE:-)

hmm gud ur eating plenty of fruits n drinking lotta water..U´ ll soon be allrite:-)

oh waow,I 2 am 4m bangalore..Infact july 3rd I wud be cuming 2 blore:-)

travelling?where r u going?anyways plz take ur tablets with u,n eat it regularly....

anyways take care n keep posting..
lotsa luv
megs

2007-06-07
Thanks Megs! I will take care from now on. Especially about eating outside. I´ m not going to eat pav bhaji anywhere except at home now!! Though it is my favourite -)

I have started Metformin but its awful! The tablet is bitter. But yeah i have no choice so i am going to have to take it. I am living on fruit and water almost these days. So no problems there.

Hey I live in Bangalore. I´ m originally from Pune but now settled in Bangalore. I thought you were living in the US or something. I don´ t know why. I know KR is but also assumed you were too.

Other than that nothing else happening. I will be travelling from Tuesday onwards so I won´ t be able to post messages for 3 weeks. But I hope you guys will keep writing in.

Take care!!

Love n hugs,
Babysos

2007-06-04
Subject:  Hi!
Hi Megs, babysos & sherry,

I' m doing well and hope that everyone is doing fine.

Sherry, glad to hear from you after a long time. Hope you are feeling all better. I' m sure you must have had a good time with mom as Megs said. I wish I could go to my mom' s place! Anyway, take care of your health and be strong. Don' t just let go your dreams, whatever the issue is. Hold on to it and you will surely get through it. Good luck!

Babysos, Why is that you r getting stomach infection often? Did you find out the cause? Hope you get well soon and everythig goes fine. And yea, I would love to eat evrything....but rite now my nausea is becomming worse and worse which makes me hate food and at same time am feeling hungry too...it' s bad.

Megs, lot' s of kicking huh? Must be naughty I guess. Enjoy your time with your hubby and again you will have wonderful time at parent' s. As for the Gyn, we have to have insurance here and each insurance group will cover certain physicians. So the problem is, we don' t know anyone in our insurance group. We are just thinking of finding a experienced person, somewhat of middle age and go for it this time. We can change the physicians inside the group anytime I guess. So in future if we come across any good one we can take appointment with them.

Hmmm, anyway girls take care everyone and keep in touch!

Love
KR
Pages >>  1  2  3  4 

All tips on Planning a Baby
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Hi Megs, babysos & sherry!

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Planning a Baby
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Planning a Baby
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:sperm donor needed
My self mukesh from delhi
Please mail me rest will talk on mail

Mukeshrwalia at the rate gmail dot com
96four3five7three6nine5

Let msg ASAP... - Mukesh [View Message]
RE:Pregnancy with Submucosal Fibroid
Hello dear according to me you should not think so much and please do one thing that you do not try to get conceive because there are lots of problems involved in the same, please its a request so do not start this at all and be safe and secure.... - Anita [View Message]
Oh my friend this is a big issue and and a problem as well because this is very rare problem and i would suggest you to please visit fortis hospitals as they are the best and you will surely get good guidance under the best doctor available so please do visit there and all the best dear.... - Anaida [View Message]
According to me you should not try anything which is harmful for you as this is not an easy thing to solve so please be very careful and think twice in getting conceive so please do not make decisions in just that it can be solved as its difficult.... - Anu [View Message]
Hi dear this is really sad to see that you are suffering from this and i must say that you should not take this lightly and just try to find a good doctor for yourself and start the treatment and if the doctor is saying for surgery then please go for it.... - Aditi [View Message]
Hello dear this is really sad to see but then nothing can be done as its your destiny and i think you should take this and fight for the same, as god is great and i am sure that you will get well soon, please be positive and just be calm and relax.... - Suman [View Message]
Oh dear this is really painful to see you like this and i can feel and understand the pain of not getting conceived so please do not worry and think in a positive manner that what ever happens is happening for a reason so please do not get dejected.... - Sujata [View Message]