• Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
More Parents of Preschoolers Boards
Expecting Parents
Sex
Parents of Babies
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Preschoolers >  Nurseries and Schools >Right Age for Playgroup
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Nurseries and Schools: Right Age for Playgroup
Name: Rahul
Date: 2008-06-23
Hi, what is the right age to enroll a child in playschool. mine is 1 yr 5 months. all playschools in mumbai mostly say 1 yr six months to 2 yrs. i have also enrolled him but now scared is this too early. pls help.
Name: Preeti
Subject:  My child started when he was walking
Date: 2012-03-27
Hi!
Just wanted to share my experience about my kid Akul. We started schooling for him with a Junior Toddler Program when he was 14 months. We were lucky to have a school KLAY in Whitefield Gurgaon.
I saw on their website that they have started a school some where in sector 49 in Gurgaon. Please try that school.
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: Vivek
Subject:  Is the experience good?
Date: 2012-03-25
Hi Rahul!

Did u finally admitted ur kid to the playschool at 18 months, or did you waited more? If yes, then is the experience positive?

Can you please reply in detail because i have done the same thing i have got my 18 months kid admitted in a nearby play school, paid 22k rupees, and now worried after reading all the posts, as he is about to join their from 2nd April.

Name: mother o 2
Subject:  too early
Date: 2008-06-27
hai i am mom of two. the first child i put her into the monti.at 2.6 years and the second one i put her in at the age of 2.9years. i dd not want to put the second even at this age ,, i thought 3 would be fine. but i let her go to just get used to the rules in the class and interaction and dicip/ and thinks like that.also i did not want my child to lag behind the rest of the kids in the regular school.

i would say 1+ is too early for the child. ideal would be 2.6year or later.

schools are there just to make money. we have to use r heads to decide what is good for r child.

my first child is so fed up of learning ABCD.... since she is being doing this since 3 years.

Name: Nikita
Subject:  too early ??
Date: 2009-06-10
Hi!

My little Doll is 2.1 & insists going school. She is already counts till 20 & ABCD..till " M for monkey" . she does not really balances but manages her bicycle with support wheels prity well.

I think she will enjoy school & activities there. not sure if I should take chance og putting her in scholl by next month or should wait..scholls are so expensive now so do not want to make it as trial..

can anyone suggest what may be right

thanks,

Nikita
Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: Fakhruddin
Subject:  I am in the same type of situation
Date: 2008-06-23
Hi,
My son is 1 year 5 months old. I have put him in playgroup. But everytime he comes back home after his 1 hr at the school, he is crying. He is the youngest in the group too. I am really in a fix, if I have admitted him too early in the playgroup. I am thinking of not sending him to the playgroup. What should I do?

Name: kunika
Subject:  same problem
Date: 2008-08-18
1 too had put my daughter to playschool at 1.9 ..she enjoys the school when i´ m there
otherwise she just clings me 7 never let me leave her .i just observed the children who are less then 2 are all behaving the same whereas children who are 2.2 & above are comfortable ,i think we r putting them a bit early we should hv patience
i´ m planning to take her out & will send her next yr.

Name: prao
Subject:  same problem
Date: 2008-07-02
I have the same confusion.. I enrolled my child in a play group when she was abt 1.11
The first 2 weeks were fine.. she enjoyed it a lot... but since then she has been crying a lot.. clings to me at the gate..and when she comes out I can make out that she has been crying all the time.. we spoke to the mgmt.. at first they said she will settle down soon... and then after a couple of days conceeded that there is some problem and they will give her extra attention.. after that things improved a little.. when she comes out she tells me abt a few things she did inside.. but she still does not want to go to school.. and the same drama outside the gate every morning...
It is almost a month since they started school and most of the kids in her batch still cry.. is this normal ? I thought they would all settle down in a couple of weeks..
From the outside I cant find any fault with the school.. they have lots of good teachers and decent ayyas.. the mgmt is co-opertaive.. school is clean and spacious.. lots of facilites and great activities..but I dont know what happens inside.. my daughter is just not happy.. and she enjoyed the first 2 weeks so much..
Is there a problem or is it just a worried mom overreacting... I´ m wondering if I should pull her out and enroll her next year.. she will be 2.11 then..

All tips on Parents of Preschoolers
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Right Age for Playgroup

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
Good Pre School
Hi,
Have you looked up at EuroKids? I have heard they are pretty good. I am planning to put my child there as a lot of parents in my locality have advised me to do so.... - Sukanya [View Message]
Is the child ready for pre-school?
Most preschools will start accepting children at around age 2 ½, but that doesn' t mean your child is magically ready for preschool when he reaches that age. Readiness for preschool has more to do with where your child is developmentally.... - Jinal [View Message]
Pre-school for my son
Hi,

Can somebody suggest any good pre-nursery/nursery schools in Chandigarh for my son. Thanks! ... - Sagar [View Message]
Nursery is good
Nursery is a good idea as there are lot of advantages of joining nursery class.Children who complete nursery are much smarter than those who don' t. They are also able to learn faster. So parents must enroll their little ones in a good nursery so as to help their overall development. ... - Pinky [View Message]
nice
very nice school really i am very impressed... - mayank T [View Message]
daycare
Hi pratheeksha. Check the nestdaycanest daycare near sana super market, vijabank layout... - padmaja [View Message]
Early nursery
My son is 2 yrs old and has been going to a playschool. I want him to be in a nursery as I feel he can cope up with the studies. Should I admit him in nursery class? ... - sam [View Message]

Clothing Patterns for Toddlers and Kids Video