• Hyderabad
  • Ghaziabad
  • Chandigarh
  • Ahmedabad
  • Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >transulate dalia in tamil/english
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Feeding: transulate dalia in tamil/english
Name: Bala
Date: 2006-05-31
Dear Friends
IS Dalia a hindi word?
what's dalia in tamil or english...
I got confused where it is a dhal or rawa(ravai)...if dhal what dhal it is?
pl. clarify
thanks
bala.
Name: Prem
Subject:  what is it exactly?
Date: 2006-06-15
Hi all
It is very confusing here. how can you give dalia ( IF IT IS odacha kadala or pottukadala) to babies? Broken wheat is a little more convincing. Can somebody pls clear as to WHAT THIS DALIA ACTUALLY IS?
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: nini
Subject:  hi
Date: 2006-06-09
dalia in tamil is pottukadalai which is used for making cocnut chutneys.

sorry priya, godhumai ravai is different.

Name: Priya
Subject:  Means
Date: 2006-06-01

Hi Bala,

Dalia means \";Godhumai ravai\"; in tamil. it is also called Broken or cracked wheat. It is very healthy. i tried to make upma / khichidi with it. But my baby didnt like the texture. You can try.

Thanks.

Name: supriyasanoj
Subject:  hai!
Date: 2006-06-01
Dhal reffers to any parupu variety it can be thoram parupu or paasi parupu etc.rava is said to be sooji.daliya is odacha kadala that we use to make chutney.this is what the transalation upto my knowledge.is there is any mistake forgive me.

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
transulate dalia in tamil/english

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------
Last 7 Posts of this Board
Bottle feeding 7 month old
Dear Ramesh Jee, you should not worry if baby rejects bottle. In fact it is good practice to feed with spoon as inspite of maximum care it is not possible to clean bottles properly and this leads to infection. You should be happy that your baby drinks through spoon. You should carry on with infant formula till one year and may consult your doctros on providing weaning food... - Geeta [View Message]
Bottle Feeding
Did you ended up solving this issue? My 7 month old daughter is still not feeding from bottle. We give her with spoon and she has 60ml everyday. She also breastfeeds at regular intervals. We are happy with her eating routine, however just a bit concerned about this issue of rejecting bottle. We tried changing to a different bottle, that did not work either.... - Ramesh [View Message]
Bottle Feeding for 7 month old
My 7 month old daughter is still not feeding from bottle. We give her with spoon and she has 60-70ml everyday. She also breastfeeds at regular intervals. She has also started with semi sold food - cerelac(rice/wheat) and home cooked food. We are happy with her eating routine, however just a bit concerned about this issue of rejecting bottle. We tried changing to a differen... - Ramesh Bhaskar [View Message]
Dear Arishma

It is good that you contact pediatrician.
But i want to know are you not feeding yourself?. I think that you should feed yourself & than give her bottle milk.

because when your baby will get your personal feed than only be satisfied.

if i am wrong than forget me. But it is true on my part.

... - Ashish [View Message]
Dear Reeta,

If you can feed him for more a year than it would be good.

Nobody can bet mother' s milk. feed him uptill last till you can.... - Ashish [View Message]
Pk

Don' t take this seriously. today' s kids are smart & fast. They do what they like it. If still you want him to have Breasts Milk than give it in a bottle. Temperature should be normal to Hot & cold, so i advise to take out your breasts milk and keep bottle in No Direct Sunlight Place.
Dear Swati

Don' t feed Cheese, this could stuck in stomach & your baby could have to face problems in future.

Sidekick 3 Cell Phone Tricks and Tips Video