• Hyderabad
  • Ghaziabad
  • Chandigarh
  • Ahmedabad
  • Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >Stomach Infection
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Feeding: Stomach Infection
Name: Minka
Date: 2006-03-30
Hi ,

My baby is 10 months old and teething. he's had a stomach infection last week - had diarrhoea for 2-3 days. Doc prescribed antibiotic oflomac and darolac and rebalanz electrolyte. My son wouldn't take darolac and rebalanz - but we forced him to take the antibiotic with sugar solution . My queries are :-

1) Does anyone know if oflomac or any antibiotic cause sleepiness ? My son is unusually sleepy and groggy - he tries to play and crawl - but he's unusually unsteady - I have to force him to stop crwaling and lie down - then he sleeps for hours as if very tired.

2) He has a diaper rash - redness around anus with some white scales in the edges. I am using siloderm and make sure we rinse his bottom with warm water after every bowel movement. Any other ointments or ideas to heal rash faster ? I stopped using pampers till rash clears.

3) My MIL feels his infection was due to cerelac. But stool test showed bateria . So my question is if my son was allergic to cerelac - we've been giving him 75 ml in the night - wouldn't he have shown signs earlier - it's almost a month now since we started cerelac. I think this is due to dirty hands or dust or something he might have swallowed.

thanks
Minka
Name: raj
Subject:  You need to know what the medicines are for
Date: 2007-12-08
Darolac and rebalanz are more important than the anti-biotic. Darolac is a probiotic that restores the natural flaura and fauna of the digestive system. It is neccesary when you give anti-biotics to a child or adult as anti-biotics kill both bad and good bacteria. Infact darolac on its own is the best treatment for any stomach problems. If good bacteria increases it in turn reduces bad bacteria in the gut.
Diahorrea makes you chiled weak and lose electrolyts. rebalanz is for the exact purpose of restoring electrolytes in the body. Infact right now go and give you child rebalanz in any possible way.
Anti-biotics are not good for children.
And one more thing a child does not \" get\" diahorrea. Something causes it, like bad food hygeine and/or chemicals in foods like baby foods that cause imbalance in the digestive tract. So always take precaution to avoid it.
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: smitha
Subject:  hii
Date: 2006-03-31
Hii,
My son had the same symptons which u have mentioned when he was of that age.Antibiotics do make them weak.and the same diaper rash he got.Doctor gave some cream whcih got reduced.try to apply some good cream everytime u use a diaper.And reg cerelac even i was under the same assumption that its was due to cerelac.cos he got infection when i used some new flavour.but i dont think its coz of cerelac.as u said only due to dust.they crawl all over house n might have put something in mouth.but see if u r using cerelac wheat.some babies may have wheat allergy....till 1 year many suggest not to us eif symptons persist.try using cerelac rice and see.
dont worry.he will be allright.take care.
smitha

Name: geetha
Subject:  HI
Date: 2006-03-30
Hi

My daughter is also in teething process and dr says there is stomach infection but her sympton is black stools. I also had doubt about cerelac and stopped it. In spite of homemade food and boiled water donno whats the reason. Maybe at this stage its common.

Bye
Geetha.

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Stomach Infection

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
Pharmacist will provide info in chennai
U can get it in all retail shops. Means, if you enquire in any pharmacy, they will get you the product. but it will take 2 to 3 days. they will also inform you where its available... - Jennifer [View Message]
Bottle feeding 7 month old
Dear Ramesh Jee, you should not worry if baby rejects bottle. In fact it is good practice to feed with spoon as inspite of maximum care it is not possible to clean bottles properly and this leads to infection. You should be happy that your baby drinks through spoon. You should carry on with infant formula till one year and may consult your doctros on providing weaning food... - Geeta [View Message]
Bottle Feeding
Did you ended up solving this issue? My 7 month old daughter is still not feeding from bottle. We give her with spoon and she has 60ml everyday. She also breastfeeds at regular intervals. We are happy with her eating routine, however just a bit concerned about this issue of rejecting bottle. We tried changing to a different bottle, that did not work either.... - Ramesh [View Message]
Bottle Feeding for 7 month old
My 7 month old daughter is still not feeding from bottle. We give her with spoon and she has 60-70ml everyday. She also breastfeeds at regular intervals. She has also started with semi sold food - cerelac(rice/wheat) and home cooked food. We are happy with her eating routine, however just a bit concerned about this issue of rejecting bottle. We tried changing to a differen... - Ramesh Bhaskar [View Message]
Dear Arishma

It is good that you contact pediatrician.
But i want to know are you not feeding yourself?. I think that you should feed yourself & than give her bottle milk.

because when your baby will get your personal feed than only be satisfied.

if i am wrong than forget me. But it is true on my part.

... - Ashish [View Message]
Dear Reeta,

If you can feed him for more a year than it would be good.

Nobody can bet mother' s milk. feed him uptill last till you can.... - Ashish [View Message]
Pk

Don' t take this seriously. today' s kids are smart & fast. They do what they like it. If still you want him to have Breasts Milk than give it in a bottle. Temperature should be normal to Hot & cold, so i advise to take out your breasts milk and keep bottle in No Direct Sunlight Place.
... - Ashish [View Message]

Importance of Using a Sunscreen Video