---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Health Issues >Home remedies for cold/running nose
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Health Issues:Home remedies for cold/running nose
2007-09-17
Name: MG
Hi Moms,
Just wanted to know, what all you do if your babies show intial symptoms of cold.
What i do sometimes -
1. Boil big-elaichi in his water
2. Mix a hint of kesar in his milk.
3. At night, rub vicks at his back.
anything you want to add to this list.
Thanks,
MG

2007-12-03
Name: ANJU
Subject:  CONTINUOUS RUNNING NOSE
MY 2 YEAR OLD SON IS HAVING RUNNING NOSE MORE THAN 2 MONTHS. A GREENISH PHLEM. CAN U SUGGEST ME A HOME REMEDY FOR THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN HIM TO THE DOCTOR AND HIS MEDCINES ARE OVER. HE COUGH ONLY AT NITE DURING JIS SLEEP.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-12-03
Name: ANJU
Subject:  CONTINUOUS RUNNING NOSE
MY 2 YEAR OLD SON IS HAVING RUNNING NOSE MORE THAN 2 MONTHS. A GREENISH PHLEM. CAN U SUGGEST ME A HOME REMEDY FOR THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN HIM TO THE DOCTOR AND HIS MEDCINES ARE OVER. HE COUGH ONLY AT NITE DURING JIS SLEEP.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-09-25
Name: jyotirmayee hemmady
Subject:  How to give steam to infant
Hi MG,
You can give steam to an infant using a veporiser available at any local chemist.Its a special vaporiser as the steam comes out of the side and you can easily sit the baby on your lap and give steeam...its non messy and very convenient and portable.. The name of this product is YAAHHOOO VAPORISER manufactured by Cracent plastics,mumbai.Cost Rs.230/- its worth every rupee.

2007-09-19
Name: nidhi
Subject:  hi
I take a big kadai n boil water and bring her cloe to it and blow the steam be very careful else i start the shower and seat with her in steam bathroom.I used to do since he was 12 mnths old

2007-09-18
Name: nidhi
Subject:  reply
I normally do is give steam to my daughter and whn feeding milk i add kesar.Cold goes in 2 days forsure.

2007-09-18
Name: MG
Subject:  How to give steam?
Hi Nidhi,
How old is your baby? I wanted to know how to give steam to a small baby..
MG
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Home remedies for cold/running nose

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Is olive oil making my 1 month baby darker?
Hello Sneha,
Then what had happened can you say does olive oil is better than j&j oil what would you suggest to the baby for a mother can you post an comment on this so then we too will come to know about this.
... - Lisa [View Message]
RE:need good pediatrician
Hello Danielle,
So you want to know about the pediatrician then you can consult to the people over there and they would give you the correct person name and i wish you will solve your problem also.I hope so.... - Anu [View Message]
RE:Anterior Ectopic Anus
Hello Simran,
Am really sorry it is very painful to read also.How could you manage with all these you need to be bold and strong to face all things i wish your kid will be get cured from the problem and will be healthy also.... - Sona [View Message]
RE:Anterior Ectopic Anus
Hello Simran,
It is very sad story and then what did doctor suggested and how is your child now can you reply to this comment if possible because your post has been posted past four years back and i wish your kid is healthy only. ... - Anu [View Message]
RE:Cradle cap ( dry patchy skin on head)
Hello Pushpa,
It would be better you consult to the skin doctor and get r treatment because they will find for what reason that problem got raised and it will treat accordingly to the problem so that they will not have any problem also.... - Nikki [View Message]
RE:Ongoing cough
Hello Meera,
I think giving excess anit biotics to the kids is also not so safe it may affect their immunity system also.So it would be better you go for any ayurvedic treatment then only your problem will be solved.... - Manah [View Message]
RE:Female Paedeatrician in Pune
Hello Aashi,
There were many doctors in the Pune then you need to consult to the good doctor for children so that it would be better so that your problem will be solved and i wish you will get your problem will be solved at any cost.... - Manah [View Message]

Father's day greeting Video