You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Health Issues >Home remedies for cold/running nose

Health Issues:Home remedies for cold/running nose
2007-09-17
Name: MG Hi Moms,
Just wanted to know, what all you do if your babies show intial symptoms of cold.
What i do sometimes -
1. Boil big-elaichi in his water
2. Mix a hint of kesar in his milk.
3. At night, rub vicks at his back.
anything you want to add to this list.
Thanks,
MG
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2007-12-03
Name: ANJU
Subject:  CONTINUOUS RUNNING NOSE
MY 2 YEAR OLD SON IS HAVING RUNNING NOSE MORE THAN 2 MONTHS. A GREENISH PHLEM. CAN U SUGGEST ME A HOME REMEDY FOR THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN HIM TO THE DOCTOR AND HIS MEDCINES ARE OVER. HE COUGH ONLY AT NITE DURING JIS SLEEP.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-12-03
Name: ANJU
Subject:  CONTINUOUS RUNNING NOSE
MY 2 YEAR OLD SON IS HAVING RUNNING NOSE MORE THAN 2 MONTHS. A GREENISH PHLEM. CAN U SUGGEST ME A HOME REMEDY FOR THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN HIM TO THE DOCTOR AND HIS MEDCINES ARE OVER. HE COUGH ONLY AT NITE DURING JIS SLEEP.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-09-25
Name: jyotirmayee hemmady
Subject:  How to give steam to infant
Hi MG,
You can give steam to an infant using a veporiser available at any local chemist.Its a special vaporiser as the steam comes out of the side and you can easily sit the baby on your lap and give steeam...its non messy and very convenient and portable.. The name of this product is YAAHHOOO VAPORISER manufactured by Cracent plastics,mumbai.Cost Rs.230/- its worth every rupee.

2007-09-19
Name: nidhi
Subject:  hi
I take a big kadai n boil water and bring her cloe to it and blow the steam be very careful else i start the shower and seat with her in steam bathroom.I used to do since he was 12 mnths old

2007-09-18
Name: nidhi
Subject:  reply
I normally do is give steam to my daughter and whn feeding milk i add kesar.Cold goes in 2 days forsure.

2007-09-18
Name: MG
Subject:  How to give steam?
Hi Nidhi,
How old is your baby? I wanted to know how to give steam to a small baby..
MG
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Home remedies for cold/running nose

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Monitoring during pregnancy
hello shruthi,
i dont understand what it mean can anyone explain about this things, i m just very curious about all this things and have little knowledge about this.... - suraj [View Message]
hello shruthi,
what is monitoring tools and for what it is in use, i m also married and mother of one princess but i dont heard about this monitoring tool , post the reply for this query.... - krutika [View Message]
hello shruthi,
do you think it is okay to follow app during pregnancy and this app work very accurate how can you detect this? you should visit gynac for this query and find out the answer.... - milind [View Message]
hello shruthi,
i m not agree for concept for self monitoring its a app, and how trustable it work we cant judge the app, so better you take consultation from gynac, and take proper advice from them.... - bharti [View Message]
hello shruti,
can you state what was the question exactly and what you want exactly can you tell here, people can give you exact answer of your question, and you also understand about this query.... - ramya [View Message]
RE:Castor Oil/ Glycerine supository
Honey - some form of honey can contain deadly botulism spores. But they changed the formula for karo syrup because of this, to make it safer - so if you can get karo for constipated babies, that's healthy.

Soap - so long as you only use ordinary bathroom soap, preferably glycerin soap with no added perfume, it is totally safe to use making homemade suppositor... - Suzanne France [View Message]
Seizers- Blood clot in Brain - Please Advise
My Baby is 7 days old.After second day of birth we observed my baby hand and leg is shivering in frequent interval, we Immediately taken to pediatrician. After CT scan to Brain doctor told that there was a small blood clot in the brain(This results in Seizers in my baby) and he gave course of injections for five days and given the tablets and told us to use the medicine u... - Prasad Pabolu [View Message]

How to Impress your Mother-In-Law Video..