• Hyderabad
  • Ghaziabad
  • Chandigarh
  • Ahmedabad
  • Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Expecting Parents >  Due Date Club June 2006 >Climbing stairs during 8th and 9th month
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Due Date Club June 2006: Climbing stairs during 8th and 9th month
Name: sweety pie
Date: 2006-04-13
Hi Archie and others
I have been diagnosed to have gestaional diabetes in my 28th week.

After that i talked to dietician to bring sugar level under control.

I have noticed that if i climb stairs(around 15 steps) up and down 4 to 5 times my sugar level
will come to normal very fast. I will climb up and down very slowly. Even walking for half an hour did not
bring my sugar level that down that fast..

Is it safe to climb stairs at this stage of pregnency. My mom says i should not go up and down many times.
Will there be Umblical cord knots if we climb stairs( read somewhere...)

Please let me know if should stop it.

Thanks in advance to all...

sweety pie
Name: archie
Subject:  comment
Date: 2006-04-13
umblical cord wrap is something that's not in one's control. I have never heard this complication.
Yes, if you are just in 28 weeks, try to control sugar or carbs in diet to have good sugar levels. Take brisk walk for 1/2 hour. climbing stairs may have other complications. I am certain in India who has to live/work on second floor they have to climb stairs each day. clim slowly but try to avoid if you can until you complete 36 weeks.
archie
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: sweety pie
Subject:  Thanks
Date: 2006-04-13
Thanks for the reply...

Actually now i'm in my 32nd week. I was diagnosed GT on my 28th week. Then i was asked by my OBGYN to see someone at High Risk Pregnency center... But when i tried on 28th week, i just got appointment for tomorrow(little late).

Then i talked to one of my friend who has GT and has been visiting dietician.I got some tips from her...
got one touch diabetes monitor...

from then one my goal is to reduce the sugar level...

but as you say.. i will stop climbing stairs if it can lead to some other complications.

Thanks
sweety pie
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Expecting Parents
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Climbing stairs during 8th and 9th month

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
eating and dicipline problem
i am working women , i have 2yrs.9months son, recently he going play school after 2nd day school he is not eating food, he saying his teacher shamed one boy suggest me its good! or i change the school. he throw everything here and there we say not to throw he will throw we slap her also but he never understand while eating we give lost of games to play with maid then he e... - ashu mahajan [View Message]
hi
my husband and i got separated as my baby was born, we r not legally separated but still i feel that she should get her family back , her birthdate is 16-6 2006... - russhita Jain [View Message]
hi
my husband and i got separated as my baby was born, we r not legally separated but still i feel that she should her family back , her birthdate is 16-6 2006... - russhita Jain [View Message]
Due Date Club June 2006
So you are due on June 2006! Congratulations! Hop on board and discuss your feelings, dreams and apprehensions with other parents and parents-to-be who know exactly what you are going through. ... - Editor [View Message]
contact Hetal
post your query in any boards with parents of babies.
I am sorry that i will not be of much help.eat healthy diet and take care.

Neha... - Neha [View Message]
CONGRATSSS!!!!
Wishing you a happy parenthood.Enjoy your lil prince.... - sweety [View Message]
CONGRATSSS!!!!
Wishing you a happy parenthood.Enjoy you lil prince.... - sweety [View Message]

Coping with Pimple Scars Video