You are here: Home > Message Boards > Expecting Parents >  Health Concerns >Worried for my yet to born baby

Health Concerns:Worried for my yet to born baby
2014-11-13
Name: Mitali Parekh I am 6 months pregnant and my mother in law has a habit of so called purifying the home. Every evening, she burns coal and puts some powder and dhoop in it and creates a smoky atmosphere in the house. She also asks me to be present there as it will purify me and also is good for the baby but I am afraid that all the smoke will harm my baby. I feel that inhaling smoke during pregnancy is harmful. Can anybody guide me?
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2017-06-06
Name: aarya
Subject:  RE:Worried for my yet to born baby
hello mitali,
smoke is not harmful for kids and its doesn't contain nicotine and tobacco so its not harmful for you and for baby too, and you try to explain your mother in law that you feel not good in this smoky smell, make sure that you explain this things to her very calmly.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2017-06-06
Name: maithili
hello mitali,
its not harm to your baby, right but you feel suffocate over there then you should tell her dont do all this thing, you feel not good so she stop doing all this things
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2016-10-20
Name: shama
hello mithali,
you are 6 month pregnant and in this stage you should take care of yourself if you don't like to inhale coal smell so you should tell this thing to your mother in law, but in very good polite manner because whatever she done is for your good health.

2016-10-20
Name: shraddha
hello mitali,
your mother in law is right at her stage, she only think good about you and your baby, so if you dont like coal smell to just them, you don't like, she will stop doing this, or doing in you absence.

2016-10-20
Name: kinjal
hello mithali,
you had posted this post long back ago, so what is codition for now, and there is boy or girl you gave birth, still your mother in law continue to burn coal to purify house.

2016-10-18
Name: sameer
hello mithali,
you are 6 month pregnant and coal smoke is not good for you and your baby also, so tell in very good manner to your mother in law that its not good for you.

2016-10-18
Name: jagruti
hello mitali,
i think the smoke which contain nicotine is harmful for health, so dont worry but yes if you feel uncomfortable then you should tell your mother in law .

2016-10-18
Name: pratibha
hello mitali,
your mother in law is think good about you, and you are pregnant so she also happy, so try to communicate in good manner with her and just tell her that you dont like that smell of coal.

2016-10-18
Name: aaradhya
hello mitali,
you should explain your mother in law bad effects of coal smoke, she definitely understand and stop doing smoke at home, so just clear your mind in front of her.

2016-10-18
Name: ovi
hello mitali,
if you are not feel comfortable in coal smoke made by your mother in law, then you should tell her, and tell her that in smoke you feel uneasy it is not good for your health.

2016-08-07
Name: Sikha
Coal smoke can be dangerous for the child so you should explain its effects to your mother in law. Tell her that she can do it if she wants but at such a time like when you out for a walk or at the doctor's, etc.

2016-08-07
Name: Sakshi
I think smoke is not harmful until it contains nicotine or tobacco but if the smoke irritates your senses then you should try to explain your motherinlaw that it is not good for the baby and you would like to go out when she is doing that.

2014-11-20
Name: Divyanka
Subject:  Inhaling smoke during pregnancy
Inhaling smoke is not safe during pregnancy. You must make your mother-in-law understand the dangers behind inhaling smoke during pregnancy. If your mother-in-law still does not understand, you must take her to your obstetrician and let the doctor explain it to her. Make sure that you explain it to her calmly.

All tips on Expecting Parents
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Worried for my yet to born baby

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Expecting Parents
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Expecting Parents
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Gynaec in Noida
Hey dear please tell me what is the exact problem and why are you looking for the doctor as myself a gynac and will try to solve your issue here itself if its a minor one, please do share your contact details and will get back to you for sure.... - Anita [View Message]
According to me Dr Nisha is the best doctor for gynacs as she is very old practitioner and you will feel good once you will visit her and i am sure that everything will be alright so please do not think and call her for an appointment.... - Anaida [View Message]
Hello dear according to me you should not think so much and you should just search on internet by putting your area details so that you can easily find a good doctor and by this you will get to know who is the best doctor for you and can start treatment.... - Anu [View Message]
Hello dear i am not from Noida but from Gurgaon and here we have many good doctors and if you want then you scan surely come here and get yourself treated please reply if you are really looking for the treatment and you will get the solution for the same.... - Aditi [View Message]
Hi there i can understand the importance of a good doctor as had a really bad experience with a male doctor, please according to me you should only go if the doctor is female and i am sure you are understanding what i am trying to say here.... - Anushree [View Message]
Hi dear please share me what is the problem or you can also contact me by sending me your contact details and one of my team member will get back to you for sure, please let us know your contact details so that we can move ahead from here.... - Suman [View Message]
Hello dear according to me you should not think so much and just relax and just visit few of the doctors in your area and then decide which is the best for you, because everyone will have their own personal reviews which might differ person to person.... - Sujata [View Message]