You are here: Home > Message Boards > Expecting Parents >  Health Concerns >Pregnancy and Emotional Health

Health Concerns:Pregnancy and Emotional Health
2013-05-10
Name: Editor What are the causes of emotional upheavals during pregnancy? How to handle emotional upheavals in pregnancy? What fears can give rise to emotional upheavals?

Click here to read the complete article.
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2016-10-20
Name: Sona
Subject:  RE:Pregnancy and Emotional Health
Hi yes emotional changes and mood swings are one of the most common trouble most of the women face during this phase. Staying calm or listening to music can be the best ways to get rid of it
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2016-07-16
Name: jaya
Subject:  RE:Pregnancy and Emotional Health
Hi this is quite regular during pregnancy so do not worry enjoy the best moments in your life.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2016-08-04
Name: lara
Subject:  RE:RE:Pregnancy and Emotional Health
yes jaya motherhood is a joy!
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2016-02-02
Name: Latha Lakesh
Subject:  Tips
Hi.. It is common... read good books and listen to music.eat iron rich food and take plenty of fluids.
Get the advice from the doctor.
And faced the same one and i went to the hospital called Indigo womens cebnter in anna nagar.
If you are interested,make a visit.

2016-08-04
Name: nainish
Subject:  RE:Tips
ya i am interested!

2013-05-14
Name: Garima
Subject:  Dealing with mood swings
mood swings though common in pregnancy, can be dealt with. As a new mum-to-be, you just have to remind yourself that they are just another normal aspect of your experience. Without stressing over this fact, it is important to take care of yourself during these few months. Ensure adequate rest during the day by taking small naps in between chores. Get plenty of sleep at night by going to bed early as it helps in relaxation. Taking a stroll down the street or a short vacation especially in the early phases of pregnancy can help you bond with your partner. Talk to your friends and partner to get rid of your concerns. Focus on eating healthy and nutritious foods during pregnancy to meet your and your growing baby’s nutritional demands and also include some exercises as it gives feel good feeling. Set aside some time for meditation or yoga to help unwind from the thoughts that cause stress and rejuvenate yourself.

2016-08-08
Name: priya
Subject:  RE:Dealing with mood swings
i agree!

2013-05-14
Name: Sai Kataria
Subject:  Dealing with mood swings
I agree. The best antidote to stress and anxiety during pregnancy is to confide in someone close. baby’s well-being is top most priority of every mom. take out some leisure time from your routine and do something that you like. Catching up with old friends, going for a movie eases mood swings. it’s just a temporary phase so take each day as it comes. If you have done everything possible but your mood swings still persist well into your second trimester, you may need professional help.

2013-05-14
Name: Kamayani
Subject:  Emotional upheavals in pregnancy causes
Sudden surge and down swings that make you feel elated at one moment and depressed or anxious at the next moment are quite common in pregnancy. These are nothing to be worried about but are due to hormonal changes taking place during pregnancy. Significant changes in the levels of the hormones such as Progesterone and estrogen in pregnancy can affect the levels of neurotransmitters in the brain that regulate mood. mood swings are at peak in first trimester and then in second trimester everything seems normal and happy but mood swings goes up again in the later stages of the third Trimester. physical discomforts like heartburn, general fatigue, frequent visits to the ladies’ room, sleeplessness, constipation, body image issues due to increased weight, apprehensions over intimacy with your partner, anxieties over aspects related to labor and childbirth may only increase your irritability and influence your rapidly changing mood swings.

2016-08-04
Name: priya
Subject:  RE:Emotional upheavals in pregnancy causes
i agree!

2016-08-04
Name: priti
yes i agree!

2016-08-04
Name: pramila
i agree with u!

All tips on Expecting Parents
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Pregnancy and Emotional Health

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Expecting Parents
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Expecting Parents
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Gynaec in Noida
Hey dear please tell me what is the exact problem and why are you looking for the doctor as myself a gynac and will try to solve your issue here itself if its a minor one, please do share your contact details and will get back to you for sure.... - Anita [View Message]
According to me Dr Nisha is the best doctor for gynacs as she is very old practitioner and you will feel good once you will visit her and i am sure that everything will be alright so please do not think and call her for an appointment.... - Anaida [View Message]
Hello dear according to me you should not think so much and you should just search on internet by putting your area details so that you can easily find a good doctor and by this you will get to know who is the best doctor for you and can start treatment.... - Anu [View Message]
Hello dear i am not from Noida but from Gurgaon and here we have many good doctors and if you want then you scan surely come here and get yourself treated please reply if you are really looking for the treatment and you will get the solution for the same.... - Aditi [View Message]
Hi there i can understand the importance of a good doctor as had a really bad experience with a male doctor, please according to me you should only go if the doctor is female and i am sure you are understanding what i am trying to say here.... - Anushree [View Message]
Hi dear please share me what is the problem or you can also contact me by sending me your contact details and one of my team member will get back to you for sure, please let us know your contact details so that we can move ahead from here.... - Suman [View Message]
Hello dear according to me you should not think so much and just relax and just visit few of the doctors in your area and then decide which is the best for you, because everyone will have their own personal reviews which might differ person to person.... - Sujata [View Message]