You are here: Home > Message Boards > Beauty & Grooming >  Body and Fitness >hi
Beauty & Grooming  Discussion Forum

Body and Fitness:hi
2007-07-31
Name: sudha hi rajni,
i had been reading quite a no. of post regarding you helping people with food and nutrion ,well i have a querry ,i had developed gestational diabetes ( which went unnoticed during my preg which lead to an unfortunate incident of loosing my babay at 33 weeks) and at that time my sugar recorded wa 380 /400 after delivery i went into strict diet and exercise and had lost my preg weight but what concerns me is that my diabetes has not become normal ( last week readings fasting 155 and pp 150 )though doc says its like ok im at borderline i still would like see it dwn any furthur food restriction will b good as im on TTC again also i am not doing my vigorous exrcise anymore
also my pre preg was 68 ( iam 5.6)and i have reached that wt i still would like to come dwn in the weight is it advisable??? are there really any such food which increase your metabolism
please free to ask any other querry to make a correct assessment
love and regards
sudha
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2007-08-14
Name: rajani
Subject:  where are you
Dear sudha,
Where do you live in India?
Rajani
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-08-15
Subject:  hi
I live in India,
All the best with your pregnancy.Let us know when you are confirmed,by the way the 8-10th days before the next expected period day is supposed to be most fertile.
I have 2 kids,both doing fine,thank you.
Keep in touch
regards,
Rajani
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-08-14
Name: sudha
hi rajni
i live in new mumbai . i have mentioned in my earlier post ...i think u missed it .. how are ur kids doing??? and when do u plan to join wrk??? and hows life in general
where do u live .. india or abroad???
take care
love
sudha

2007-08-08
Subject:  hi rajni
thanks a ton rajni,
yes i live in india and yes i abstain from all kind of packaged and processed foods i make home made dips and sauces which is healthy ,low cost and also less caloric!!
regarding sure i have absolutly no prob from sating away from alchol through out TTC,preg and feeding times...
yes i eat parboiled rice but some how dont like the taste of brown rice and i have less of cofee but tea its black (milk and sugar occationally ..like may b 1 or 2 in a week) artificial sweetner has been asked to avoid...
yes i also try to include cocnut water if not daily then atleast 2 a week...
ok il try that brand of saffola ...though have used it before but cannot recollect about that..
and regarding the bread which u said i am now having the whole grain wheat bread but thats the only variety available...well my milk intolerance is not that serious that a a wee bit cannot be tolerated ..its like i i drink continously may be for 3 to 4 days .. i get loose motions and the moment i stop it normalises and surprisingly last 2 weeks this phenomena has lessedne..!!!
yes i have curd everyday which i make at home ....
yes i avoided all kind of sea foods during my last preg and had only eggs,chicken and sweet river fish...
regarding fruits the doc has said i can have all type except apple and u have added a few more may i know ..like why these too are to be avoided..is it due to their high glucose contenet???
and thank again to help and clarify my doubts
love
sudha

Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-08-14
Subject:  sorry for delay
Hi Sudha,
Sorry for delay in replying.
Yes I asked you to stay away from those fruits due to higher sugar content than others.
Take care dear,use multi grain bread,make rotis with multigrain flours.Taht should help u.
Love to you.
Rajani

2007-08-07
Subject:  cant post
Hi Sudha,
Due to some reason I dont understand thsi board is refusing to post my message.If you dont find my reply in the next day or two,do you mind providing an email id where i can send you my opinion and reply?
Thanks,
Rajani

2007-08-08
Subject:  ok so it went through
Ok,Sudha and Saheli,
My post has come through.
I did not reiterate whatever you have already been doing like,keeping physically active,walking whenever possible,drinking plenty of water,controlling salt,sugar etc.In alll htese you seem to be right on track,so keep it up.Great going indeed.
Yes,a certain loss of stamina does occur to every woman after a delivery,so you only need to rest when you feel tired and then resume activity after abreak.
I forgot to add 2 details-
1.Tender coconut water is zero calorie drink,revs up your energy levels,has excellent mineral composition and is great for bp as it has plenty of potassium.this inhibits sodium absorption in the body.you could try this.
2.There is a brand of salt-Lona(Saffola´ s) available in India which has lesser sodium per gram of Lona as compared to regular salt,try it out.
Any other Q?Please feel free to clarify.
Rajani

2007-08-07
Name: Saheli
Subject:  re: Rajani
They have put in some program that checks for the text you are putting in. If it finds any words used for telling other ´ sights´ orL inks to people, it will not allow you to post the message. Not sure what exactly they hv blocked, but try to disguise (like I hv done inearlier lines) any such things if u r using them in your post.

2007-08-02
Subject:  sure
Sure I could suggest diet plan for
you.Can you give me these following details-
1.age
2.veg/non veg
3.brief daily routine
4.other than wheat,milk intolerance,and salt reduction for regulating bp,any other food preferences,dislikes,specific tastes preferred and such.
5.any fmily history of bp,diabetes,heart ailments,epilepsy or other ailments.
6.Were you a full term baby or were you born preterm?
7.Do you smoke or drink alcohol,if yes,frequency.
8.If possible include a diary of what you ate(every single thing that passes your lips)in the last 24 hours.Include the timings of each meal/snack/drink.
9.I would also like to know if you believe in ayurveda?There are good treatments available.i am not an ayurvedic doc,but believe in the system.
Are you ok with giving these details over the message board?
Thank you for spending time to reply.
Take care and be happy.
Nice to know you are trained yoga person,then do you think surya namaskar is good at your stage?
Shall mail you your diet plan after I get your inputs.
Regards,
rajani

2007-08-07
Subject:  hope this helps
Hi Sudha,
Your daily diet seems to be much on track.I would wish to add a few ideas,pointers-
Since you are a preterm,low birth weight infant,with father having developed diabetes,the chances of your developing are also quite good,but nothing to worry as long as you are alert.
You need to remember to have some food at 2-3 hour intervals.
1. Add methi seeds soaked in water / buttermilk as an in between drink.This does seem to have good effect,in controlling blood sugar levels. Lauki juice also is said to have wonderful properties,for both blood sugar and bp.Best had early in the morning.
2. As you have wheat intolerance,you could look out for multigrain or rye bread(available in big cities and metros),do you have a good boulangerie in your place?They are likely to stock on such niche products.Any other usual sandwich,milk or glucose bread will have both wheat and milk solids and may not suit you.If you live in the UK or US,you could look out for food labels which say gluten free,usually it is the gluten part of wheat that you are allergic to.Oats is great for your condition.Have porridge for breakfast,oatmeal cookies for snacks.Do you like parboiled or brown rice?This has lower glycemic index and suitable for people with above average blood sugar.
3. Add soya products-soya milk,tofu to your food-great in isoflavones,no dairy allergy and low fat too.However avoid soya sauce as it has msg,and added salts.
4. Are you able to tolerate curd / yoghurt? If so,having unsweetened,fresh live curd as snack or with meals is a super way to ramp your calcium levels.Make it at home with skim milk. .You can have upto 250 ml(medium bowl)in a day.
5. Things you need to avoid-all processed foods, smoked meats, canned foodschips, colas, ready made dips, sauces, ketchup, cheese, paneer, sweets as in mithai or added to your coffee or other beverage.All above said have one or more offender-sugar,salt or dairy.Also avoid mangoes, banana, sapota, pineapple.You could have handful of unsweetened dried grapes,dry figs or dried dates as snack as these also ramp your mineral levels without adding sodium.
6. You could add sprouts in salad, steamed w lemon dressing as part of meal or between meals.Adds fibre, vitaminC and keeps you full too.
7. When you have non veg food anytime during your pregnancy,you will need to have them fully cooked else you run the risk of salmonella infection.Especially with seafood,this holds true.Also seafood is higher in sodium so go easy on it,you could have seafood/fish depending on your bp that particular week.
Are there any other issues you would like to discuss?Please feel free to post so I can help you out.
Lots of best wishes

Rajani.
PS-Please do stay off alcohol for the period lasting through pregnancy and childbrith and then on until you are breastfeeding too.I hope that is not a problem?
Rajani

2007-08-04
hi rajni,
sorry for the delay the nets been v slow and it has just now been okim giving u all the dtls as u have asked
1.age -- 30

2.veg/non veg -- NV

3.brief daily routine -- last 3 wks i start my day by 7am as i need to prepare my husbands b fast
the rest of the day passes of mine doing house hold work ( as we have a big house it needs a lot of maintenance though i have help for utensils and room cleaning),afternoon i usually rest by reading ,cooking or may be do some pending jobs,evening are spent ususally in execising as i said i was into heavy work outs ,now its like yoga , a bit of cycling and i try to squeeze in walking ,also all other activities like groceery shoping going to the market etc is done by me and i usually dont take any vehicle instead walk all the distance
also i have notices after my deliv (may be emotional or physical ) my stamina is not that high as it used to be

4.other than wheat,milk intolerance,and salt reduction for regulating bp,any other food preferences,dislikes,specific tastes preferred and such. -- well i have a fondness for egg whites which i eat almost everyday religiously ,no specific dislikes im not a fussy eater

5.any fmily history of bp,diabetes,heart ailments,epilepsy or other ailments.-- only father had developed sugar after the age 35 and mother has developed it after she turned 53 otherwise no ailments

6.Were you a full term baby or were you born preterm? -- yes i was born a bit pre term and under wt jsut 2.2kg

7.Do you smoke or drink alcohol,if yes,frequency. -- im a casual drinker but has stopped it 2 mnths before i went on TTC ( drinking freq was once or twice in 3 mnths)

8.If possible include a diary of what you ate(every single thing that passes your lips)in the last 24 hours.Include the timings of each meal/snack/drink.
breakfast -- tdy i had stuffed omlet (3egg white and i yolk..i have started including the yolk twicw a week as im on TTC)
mid mornibng -- a bit of junk food ( chewra ) and 1 pear
Lunch -- maggi with 2 slices of bread and thinned yogurt
evening -- tea and some biscuits
Dinner 2 rotis .fish,ridge gourd with khus khus and beans curry
and i had milk too
as of timing my break fats is over by 9 30
lunch by 1 45pm and dinner by 9 30pm
as my every day eating i include atleast 3 servings of fruits.3 servings of veggies,1 serving of NV
tdy maggi was just for change
also i donot have butter or ghee in any form and cook in mim oil required
sweet may be once a mnth
yes i drink lots of water

9.I would also like to know if you believe in ayurveda?There are good treatments available.i am not an ayurvedic doc,but believe in the system. -- Yes i too beleive in ayurveda as one of my major bache problem was treated by ayurvedic treatment and as of now it has not relapsed its now almost 3 yrs and i have servived a preg with normal birth

hope fully this is sufficient as of the querries... do get back with teh results and ur suggestions
love
sudha

2007-08-01
Subject:  here is my opinion
Hi dear,
Sorry for small delay in replying.My server was down.
By TTC,I assume,you mean-trying to conceive?If so this is under gynac' s guidance?DOes the gynac give ok for trying for baby now?If so then it must be safe.Did your gynac ask you for a test called glycated Hb which shows blood glucose levels for the past 3 months.This is the latest test for monitoring blood glucose levels and if your doc has seen this and then decided to go ahead with the baby,then it should be fine.
As regards your weight,you are right in that you could lose 2-3 kgs more but it is not crucial.Your fasting blood sugar could come down,though.Are you on any medication to decrease blood sugar?If not I would suggest,trying out a reliable ayurvedic doctor in your area.There a re very good medicines in ayurveda which get blood sugar down well.Ayurveda has medicines like
' guggulu' an ayurvedic medicine which regulates metabolism,brings down fat in the body. But you need to take this under supervision of ayurvedic doc,so see if you ahve faith in it,you can try it out.
As regards physical activity,unless you have been prohibited by your gynac,you can continue normal physical activity,including walking or swimming.The key is to feel comfortable,be able to breathe while exercising,and not feel giddy or faint.You have ot listen carefully to your body,stop if needed when you feel excessively tired.Moderate walking(1km in15-20 minutes),swimming is ok.Dont jog or do heavy impact aerobics.Also you will need to keep Marie biscuits and some water to drink always with you while exercising.I assume you wear proper shoes while doing any form of exercise.Besides this you could try vajrasana,pranayama for stabilising digestion,improving your blood sugar readings too.But needless to say,you need to know to do it correctly.
Since I am advising over a message board,this is all I am able to do now for you.
I like the spirit in which you seem to be in now,taking things positively and going ahead with your life.All the best to you and please feel free to post any more concerns you may have,I' ll try my best ot help you out.
Best wishes,
Rajani.

2007-08-02
hi rajni
i forgot to mention my glysltaed hb has come in normal and well with in the range so has been asked not to take medication....
regards
sudha

2007-08-02
Subject:  hi rajni
hi,
yes i have been adviced by my med to go in for ttc and this time my sugar level be kept on that position as it was found out last mnth and no im not on medication regarding sugar its only i take medicines for my bp which the doc has said ok and will not interfere wth my ttc
yes those are the yogas i do and yes correctly ( as i am trained yoga teacher) what i want to know is there a need to bring in a chnage in my deit( i take i mg folic acid supplement too,prescribed by meds)though i am not much into junk food still can u suggets me a diet plan ( like i am a bit intolerent to wheat and milk ..like i stop them after 4 or 5 days due to loose stools and then i start after 2 days) any suggestions for this
also my salt and oil intake is pretty less and i drink plenty of fluids through out the day
it was very nice of u to reply and suggest
sudha

All tips on Beauty & Grooming
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
hi

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Beauty & Grooming
& Answers to Topic :
hi

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Beauty & Grooming
& Answers to Topic :
hi

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:After birth Massage Centres in Bangalore.
hello shilpa,
you home in city and you can collect information from your surrounding area, you can take help from other person too, it will be helpful to solve your problem.... - yogita [View Message]
RE:Will masturbation affect my married life?
hello raj,
yes you are right masturbating affect the sexual life, so it will effect on sexual life and may be you cant satisfies your wife. you enjoy your life now, but think about future.... - latika [View Message]
RE:RE:Navel shape and size
Hi. I need to attract my boy friend to my navel. He pokes it. But not always. I need to poke and eat by him my navel always. I love it. What should I do for it. Please advice.
Thank you!... - Shany [View Message]
hello raaj,
its normal thing dont get panic because of this situation, production of sperm which in turn helps to keep your prostrate glands in good order also, you and your wife will be satisfied.... - tarun [View Message]
hello raaj,
there is no harm or no side effects in masturbate its is not bad habit, its healthy life, its not put bad effect on your x life, you will be able to satisfy to your wife so be confident.... - rahul [View Message]
hello raaj,
from the situation you share here, its not big problem, every guy done same thing and then they start in same way, about married life, so dont think much and enjoy your marrital life.... - fatima [View Message]
hello raaj,
dont be so much afraid, just find the right person partner who is understand you, and try to understand your feelings towards her, so then there is no problem you would face onwards.... - ragini [View Message]