• Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
More Parents of Schoolgoers Boards
Expecting Parents
Sex
Parents of Babies
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Schoolgoers >  Problems in School >Motessori or Playway method - Which is g
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Problems in School: Motessori or Playway method - Which is good?
Name: Subbu
Date: 2009-02-12
Hi Friends, My son is 2.1 yrs now. I have been visiting a handful of playschools in JP nagar area and there are only a few Montessori schools while most of them are normal playschools which go by the playway menthod of teaching.

I am hearing varied views on both which confuses me in choosing the right method.

1. Many have suggested me to opt for the Montessori way of teaching instead of playway method as Montessori cannot be simulated at home as the schools do.

2. Montessori does not encourage writing skills till the kids are 6 years. But, when we try to look for admission in big schools after the pre-KG they expect the kids to have the writing skills, else they may not be able to cope up with the rest of the class.

3. On the other side, Montessori has a lot of advantages as it educates the children in academic and behavioural aspects as well which playway method lacks in.

4. Playway curriculam differs between schools but Montessorri is time tested and trusted standard way of teaching.

5. Montessori is helpful if it continues at the school level too, after M1, M2 & M3. And, most of the schools do not follow Montessori. So, no point in just starting with M1 or M2 ansd switching to some other method.

I am in a dilemma whether to opt for Montessori ot Playway.

Please share your views as it may be helpful to most of us as well.

Thanks!

- Subbu
Name: Devika
Subject:  Montessori or Playway
Date: 2012-02-15
Some Montessori methods do teach writings but it also depends on the teachers the way they are conducting it. What method they follow or have learnt in there courses or teacher training' s.

educomp schools
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: Kristine
Subject:  Multiple Intelligence - not Montessori or Playway
Date: 2010-01-26
Hey Subbu, your questions are definitely every parents concern. Every child has a disctinct learning style and you as a parent can identify the learning style of your child. Thatswhy schools with Multiple Intelligence in Early Education are becoming so famous. As per research done by Dr. Howard Gardener, humans have 8 kind of intelligences or learning styles and if they are taught through the one in which they are strongest in, they tend to learn faster. Different Strokes for different folks. Playway method to some extent follows it whereas Montessori method was developed after Dr. Maria Montessori did an experiment with mentally disabled children.It works only with children who have good intrapersonal intelligence. Hope this clears most of your doubts.
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: Aru
Subject:  Montessori Method
Date: 2012-01-03
Hi...

Montessori methods do teach writing..I have visited some montessori schools in bangalore for my child and found them really good...and focussed on children.

I also came across a good article on Montessori method at coolgurukul site.You can check there for more details.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Schoolgoers
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Motessori or Playway method - Which is good?

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------
Last 7 Posts of this Board
Residential Schools in Karnataka
My son doesn’t show any interest in studies and his school has not really helped in providing the right environment for learning. I’m thinking of enrolling him in a top residential school in and around Karnataka. Any suggestions?... - Siya Goel [View Message]
Residential Schools in Karnataka
Have you checked out Sri Vidyaniketan Public School? It is one of the top CBSE residential schools in the area. My son studies there and is really happy with the school and teachers.
... - Rita Kumar [View Message]
Solution to make your child study
Try and find out as to why he isn' t interested in academics. Also, try to sensitise him about the importance of having a decent academic track record. There might be issues at school that you aren' t aware about. Talk to his school friends and teachers and try to get to the root of the problem before determining as to what to do about it.
... - varsha tyagi [View Message]
Regarding INDUS EARLY YEARS in Pune
Hey There,

I was searching for a Preschool for my child in Koregaon Park, Pune and i came across this school . Please any one let me know about this school.
Need you guys help please.... - Suraj Tripathi [View Message]
KIDS CAMPUS INTERNATIONAL PRESCHOOL, KHARGHAR
This is one of the best preschools I have come acriss in recent times. It is centrally located in Kharghar Sector 12. It is very spacious with ample sunlight and fresh air for our kids. A very big and safe playzone for kids to play eveyday....a warm and trained staff as well. Supeb curriculum.So my kid is thoroughly enjoying his preschooling there.... - BM [View Message]
Nice Experience with Presidium
Hi dear

My son goes to Presidium Indirapuram too. He is in Vth grade and we haven' t had a single problem yet. Neither academics wise nor anything else. The faculty is really good and he' s really improved in his studies from before. The students even get a chance to perform or anchor on stage at the Annual Function. I guess you should stick to this school onl... - Sonam Patak [View Message]
Take Best Solution
One of my friend' s did. It is important to have the presence of both the parents in a child' s life. You could shift base to Bangalore which might be a little hard for your kid initially. But, children make friends quickly and adapt well. If you plan on moving here, I would suggest Orchid' s International School. My kid is studying there and I am a happy parent. If your h... - Riya Sharma [View Message]

Milk, Honey and Egg Mask Video