• Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
More Parents of Schoolgoers Boards
Expecting Parents
Sex
Parents of Babies
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Schoolgoers >  Problems in School >ICSE or CBSE
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Problems in School: ICSE or CBSE
Name: Nirav Goswami
Date: 2009-02-08
Hi friends,

I am new to this board, and hope that this board will help me to clear the differences between CBSE and ICSE.

My question is which board is better for child' s education and overall development? Also for further studies, after school level, which one is good? I have searched so many sites but not getting any firm data.

I am leaving at mulund and sorted two schools
1) New Horizon Public school - Airoli (CBSE)
2) Shri Shri Ravishankar Vidya Mandir - Mulund (ICSE)

If any body have idea on these two schools please pass on.
Name: Punam
Subject:  Hi Nirav
Date: 2010-12-29
I am sure your issue must have been resolved by now, however just wanted to share my views.
I have got my child admitted in an IB School named NES International School, Mulund, Mumbai. IB system of education is a very different and innovative kind of education system which is really helping my kid learn every aspect of life. The education is of international levels and lets a child have an open eye at the world. I am really happy with my decision and for me IB education system will always take precedence over any other SSC/CBSE/ICSE board.
Reply to Original Message   Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: Anita Kuber
Subject:  Hi nirav
Date: 2009-04-01
I am new to this board.mother of 18 month old girl.
Good subject pointed by you.
I also want to know which board is better (CBSE or ICSE)for child' s education in view of future carrer and overall as a person.
please pass if anybody in this forum have any idea :)

Name: Anita Kuber
Subject:  Hi nirav
Date: 2009-04-01
I am new to this board.mother of 18 month old girl.
Good subject pointed by you.
I also want to know which board is better (CBSE or ICSE)for child' s education in view of future carrer and overall as a person.
please pass if anybody in this forum have any idea :)

Name: Neelesh
Subject:  Hi Nirav
Date: 2009-03-09
Hi, I read your post in indiaparenting.
I also stay in mulund and am facing a stressful time looking for admission to my daughter in Jr. KG. I was also looking for admission in the 2 school mentioned by you
1) New Horizon Public school - Airoli (CBSE)
2) Shri Shri Ravishankar Vidya Mandir - Mulund (ICSE)

Name: Monika
Subject:  DAV At Airoli
Date: 2009-03-17
have u tried DAV at Airoli,DAV at Nerul is very well known for its study and even Kharghar is also good.i dont have idea abt DAV-airoli but the study at DAV-nerul is too good,u can inquire abt the same from locals,aft DPS,Apeejay-nerul parents prefer DAV-nerul
Msg Objection   Go to Top

Name: Aradhana
Subject:  U around Mulund?
Date: 2009-02-23
Hi Nirav,
Have you got an answer to your question.
I live at Bhandup and my child will begin schooling next yr. I am also confused abt the school to get her admitted. Have u been able to find out which is better.
I have heard a lot of good revies of New Horizon School and have a lot of ppl from my neighbourhood sending their kids there. They vouch by teh School. However, I find it a lil far away from my house.
How is SSRVM? Did some info on that too. If u get some reviews do let me know.
Arent u looking at other schools in the area?

Thanks

All tips on Parents of Schoolgoers
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
ICSE or CBSE

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------
Last 7 Posts of this Board
Problem in going to school
Even I faced the same problem when my kid started going to Orchids International School. She was very happy for the first week but started crying from the second week. But, her teachers were very kind and a good support to her which made her to like school very much. They used to pay special attention to her as she used to cry her heart out and things got better within 2 m... - Ravina Singh [View Message]
About 2nd language
First of all make sure whether your son is ready to take French as his second language. As, compelling them would make them to hate that particular subject. My kid’s school Orchids International always finds the interests of kids and makes them work on their favourite areas. And this is what needed for a child’s growth.
... - Stutee Saini [View Message]
Reviews
Need feed back Amity International School Sector 43, Gurgaon.... - shilpi mathur [View Message]
Amity International School Review
I want the feedback on Amity International School Sector 43 Gurgaon.... - shilpi mathur [View Message]
Residential Schools in Karnataka
My son doesn’t show any interest in studies and his school has not really helped in providing the right environment for learning. I’m thinking of enrolling him in a top residential school in and around Karnataka. Any suggestions?... - Siya Goel [View Message]
Residential Schools in Karnataka
Have you checked out Sri Vidyaniketan Public School? It is one of the top CBSE residential schools in the area. My son studies there and is really happy with the school and teachers.
... - Rita Kumar [View Message]
Solution to make your child study
Try and find out as to why he isn' t interested in academics. Also, try to sensitise him about the importance of having a decent academic track record. There might be issues at school that you aren' t aware about. Talk to his school friends and teachers and try to get to the root of the problem before determining as to what to do about it.
... - varsha tyagi [View Message]

Preventing eye problems Video