• Hyderabad
  • Ghaziabad
  • Chandigarh
  • Ahmedabad
  • Kolkata
  • Chennai
  • Coimbatore
  • Jaipur
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Expecting Parents >  Health Concerns >Important Things to Decide Before the Ba
Please do not give any personal information or money to anyone advertising anything on these boards. We do not endorse or support any of these claims or advertisements. To report abuse, click here.
  Health Concerns: Important Things to Decide Before the Baby Is Born
Name: Cryobank India
Date: 2009-06-23
Are you expecting a baby? I am sure that the feeling itself is so lovely and fulfilling. You must be feeling excited but a bit nervous at times. Let me assure you that there is nothing to worry about it – major advancements have been made in the field of medical science and childbirth is today safer than ever! However, if it is your first time, you’ll continue to be anxious – I personally experienced this myself years back.

Negligence during pregnancy can lead to dangerous consequences and hence, it is very important for you to be cautious – there is a new life waiting to see the dawn of the day inside an anxious but happy mother – both need to be taken good care of. Regular prenatal tests should be taken very seriously and appointments with gynecologist should never be skipped. To ensure the welfare of both the mother and child, the doctor shall advise of blood tests, urine tests, blood pressure monitoring and Ultrasounds and Colour Dopplers in each trimester. Any complications discovered can be treated with safe and mild drugs. Once again, trust your doctor, heed her advise and you’ll be fine. As I said earlier, doctors are extremely cautious and take no chances these days. In fact, conception is today a well planned affair with the doctors intervening to avoid or at least, minimize the chances of congenital diseases/birth defects and any other perils to the mother and the child.

Let’s now talk about the big R of Responsibility – parental responsibility - as a responsible parent you have to do a lot of planning for your child’s future. Ensuring the child’s medical wellbeing is one of the foremost concerns and that is why all the vaccinations and preventive interventions are administered. Now, you can go one step further in this endeavor - by saving the cord blood of your baby. Do you know that this elixir, this miraculously potent blood is thrown away as medical waste when the baby is born? It is the blood that is there in the umbilical cord and can be safely extracted and preserved for the entire family’s future use.

Surprised! It’s true, at the time of birth, the cord blood is returned to the neonatal circulation if the umbilical cord is not prematurely clamped. The cord blood is a valuable source of the stem cells. This cord blood is genetically unique to your child. Stem cells can also be called as the master cells of the human body. The stem cells found in the cord blood are the building blocks of your body and help in building tissues, organs, and the immune system. At the time of child birth, the cord blood can be preserved without causing any complications or pain to the mother or the child. Thanks to advanced cryogenic preservation techniques, the cord blood, rich in stem cells, can be preserved for decades as a bio-insurance against as many as 75 dreaded ailments including brain tumors, Small-Cell lung cancer, brain injuries and heart diseases.

Doctors are recommending cord blood banking to expecting parents. Many organizations have started stem cells & cord blood banking services for the people who want to donate it as well for the people who want to store it for the future utilization. However, not all the firms are well equipped to provide stem cells & cord blood banking service, and it is better to opt for established, globally experienced organizations like Cryobanks, which have started their operations in India. Cryobanks India offers you the assurance of facilities that are state-of-the-art and services that are reliable. One can choose from the most suitable payment plans and hence, avail this bio-insurance for the child in the most affordable way.
These stem cells cord blood banking services have not only benefited new parents in securing the lives of their children but also have provided others hope of a better future - bone marrow transplant requires the exact match of cells that can be rarely found. By opting for cord blood banking, you can not only secure your family against dreaded diseases, you can also help many others in need by donating the stem cells or banking the cord blood in public cord blood banks.

This message has not received any replies yet. Why don't you post a reply!

All tips on Expecting Parents
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Important Things to Decide Before the Baby Is Born

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
Gynae in Noida
Dr Pushpa is a very good gynae in Noida. Highly recommended by my friends in the past on whose insistence I visited her and must say she' s genuinely a great doctor and am truly thankful for each visit. She sits in SJM super speciality hospital on NH 24, very close to sector 63 Noida and Indirapuram. Its precisely on the T junction near Shani mandir on NH 24. ... - Ranjana [View Message]
Gynae in Noida
Dr Pushpa Kaul. She is definitely the best choice in Noida and Indirapuram. Having suffered through other top Gynaecologists in the past in Noida. I am happy to say that I delivered a healthy baby this July and I am fully satisfied with her treatment.... - SUJAYA [View Message]
Is wood termite treatment safe during pregnancy?
Hi

Our landlords are scheduled to get a wood termite treatment done inside our premises. Apparently, localized, drill-and-inject method will be used to treat all permanent wooden installations inside house.

Is such treatment safe for a 14 weeks pregnant mother? or Should it be completely avoided? or Will it be good enough for her to stay out of h... - Ashish Sood [View Message]
Ankle pain
My wife is a housewife she is having a pain at lower part of ankle, especially in the morning, she is unable to walk initially, with the support of my hands she is able to walk almost limping walk.After a few steps she can walk but feeling severe pain. what could be the reason. I heard most of the ladies face this type of problem. Pl suggest what to do. ... - satish [View Message]
Max Hospital Saket
Do not ever go to Gynaecologist Dr Anuradha Kapur (Max Hospital, Saket). She charged 1000 Rs for consultation but did not provide any consultation but rather extracted tissue out of my body without any information/ consent. After that I was made to pay a huge bill of more than 8000 Rs. They charged me for the instrument also. After that in consultation, she shouted at me. ... - Divya [View Message]
Health Check During Pregnancy What You Should Know
Pregnancy is a natural process. However, there is a certain amount of care and attention that needs to be provided to a pregnant woman. A thorough health check-up is absolutely essential during pregnancy. This is important not just to determine the health of the mother, but also that of the growing fetus. Leading Women And Child Hospital like Rainbow Hospital provides comp... - Andrew Alley [View Message]
Yoga Training at its Best
The yoga sessions may be held on the outdoors on mind-blowing natural location, for example on the river side or lake side. The entire atmosphere will rejuvenate you and eradicate the impurities in your mind. Usually, a vegetarian diet will be followed during the training session. ... - lydia katherin [View Message]

Father's Day Song Video