You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Milestones >8 m old not crawling

Milestones:8 m old not crawling
2007-02-15
Name: priya my daughter is 8 m old ...she started sitting without suppport when she was 5m and started rolling when she was 7m....but she doesn' t crawl yet.....thogh my brother' s son started rollign when he was 2and 1/2 m and crawling when he was 3m and sitting without support when he was 5m....is my baby normal....please somebody answer....I am very much worried
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2007-02-17
Name: amrita
Subject:  don´ t worry
don' t worry.itz normal for babies to skip the stage of crawling. my doc told me the same thing when my daughter didn' t crawl until 10months and i was worried.
she started crawling at 11months and at the same time she started walking holding furniture.She was never interested in crawling.but she is very active child and is very healthy too.
so please don' t worry.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-02-17
Name: Supriya
Subject:  hai
i agree with hanna and hetal. my son didn' t crawl at all and my ped was never worried about it. he only asked me if he was able to hold his weight on his legs or not.
today he is 3 years old, he is very sharp and touchwood he learns things very quickly.
please don' t worry.itz fine for kids to skip the stage. my mom said dat even my brother dint crawl and i was a crawling ant :)
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-02-16
Name: Hanna
Subject:  Don´ t stress
My daughter crawled at 10 mths and started walking at 16mths...and she was a healthy active child otherwise. All babies are different.

2007-02-15
Name: Hetal
Subject:  Re
crawlng is not an imp stage so worrying about it is not worth !
also, comparing each milestone with babies around is another mistake !
your 8months old is growng good, no worries,,,give her lots of tummy time, whne on tummy time, give her a lift from her stomach and see if she is able to lift herself,,if so, when she is liftng herself,,give her every opportunity to allow her to stay in that position as much as she can !
dont force,,just practice it.
whne on tummytime, once she starts strugglng,,leme know her updates and by thn if she is doing good enough, she will lift herself up, while holding your hands/fingers,,from the sleeping position,,practice that too !if your child is on heavy side, its quite likely that he or she will take time to cruise around...
make sure to make it a concern to your dr at your next well child checkup esp the reflexes...for crawlng, not to worry, some kids skip it and some go all the way to crawlng and standing together which is by 10months and onwards !
good luck,,

2007-05-19
Name: asha
Subject:  Require your suggestion/help
Hi Hetal

I am new to this site, was going through the milestones queries and suggestions

My son is 10 months old, he rolles over & turns all 360 degrees & at times moves backwards. He is trying to place weight on his kness and just goes to & fro for 2 times and gets back on his tummy position

When we put him in sitting position he sits unsupported say 5-10 mts (we have not tried longer than this), he does not sit by himself. When we make him stand he stands on his toes, even if we try to touch his heels to the ground he again stands back on his toes, we need to support him in standing position

My queries :
1. Why does he stand on his toes & how can i avoid it
2. Is it safe to lift the baby holding his fingers

When checked at 9 months
Height - 72 cms
Weight - 6.60 KGS (Birth weight - 3.6 kgs)
Head is quiet big. Me & my hubby are on a slimmer side

Would be grateful if you could reply to this mail

Asha
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2007-02-16
Name: Hetal
Subject:  Re
if it was so, we/drs would have got worried for crawling..lemme mention you this years statistics for infants who crawled.
only 50% babies crawled and if you are talking about brain development, their iq levels werre above 4 out of 6 !!! which is considered above average..
the rest who crawled, of that more thn 25% of them lower thn 4 grade !
also lemee mention you the statistics of some 5 years back(those kids are now in school,performing excellent without ne special needs or special attention!),,they are those 40% in those years who didnt crawl and missed that milestone.
last year, 45% crawled, and rest didnt !

they learn it eventually, but its not at all required that they have to crawl before standing or walking...

also if you are interested in reading more about crawling, drgreene site has a crawling topic and so has babycenter.also if you search it further, you will find other information as well !
please go thru them. it will explain you in details thn i can !

2007-02-16
Name: Dijon
Subject:  Just for the record
crawling is the most important stage in a babies life. It is when they begin to cross their midline as well as bridges the soft gap in the brain! Many children infact who crawl for a short period have been discovered to have special needs when learning.

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
8 m old not crawling

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :
8 m old not crawling

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :
8 m old not crawling

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
One year old milestones !! Worried
Hello Mommies !!!
My son is one year old and he is not doing few things a one year should do !!
He does not point at things
He does not say Amma or any words
He does not pick up any objects and show to me
Has any of your Lil ones been through this and doing fine now .??

... - Ay Ski [View Message]
9.5 months milestones
My DS is 9.5 months old and does not clap wave or point at things !! I will put down a list which he is good at and which one worries me.

He is good at :
1.Smiling , he smiles back and forth , if me and husband are talking and laughing he comes in between and shares smiles and laughter with us , he responds to name ( not frequently though need to call 3-... - Ay Ski [View Message]
RE:slow learner
Hi Basha,

Please connect via gmail. I can help.... - Mykidsspl [View Message]
hello jayashree
dont get afraid and dont loose hopes, your son is absolutely fine, and give him the proper tuition and avoid more playing periods of his, and you should teach him at home when you will get free time.... - praglabh [View Message]
hello jayashree,
i m also having same problem, my son is now 6 years old, and he face difficulties to identify the characters like he cant identify he alphabets also phonetics.... - vilas [View Message]
RE:Developing Social Skills in Babies and Toddlers
Hi there yes this is a very common issue and you should not worry at all and then one must always try to avoid this because the child needs the mother only, so please understand and do not worry so much.... - Aditi [View Message]
RE:Developing Social Skills in Babies and Toddlers
Hi dear please do not worry so much as this is very common and you should not think so much for this and also make sure that if your child is also not feeling good then try avoid doing that.... - Anju [View Message]