You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Sleeping >Thanks

Sleeping:Thanks
2006-10-18
Name: Divya Sooruj Thanks a lot Sonia and Hetal!!My babys skin condition is improved much.It was much severe earlier.We still apply an emolient cream.Also when the condition was worse we used to use steroids.Also we did Homeo and Ayurvedic treatments.His skin conditions have improved a lot but now we are much concerned about his sleep.He is very hesitant to sleep in night but he sleeps 3-4 hrs in morning.
We have tried all possible things to make him sleep.But of no use :-(
The greatest problem is his weight is just 7.3kg though he takes food properly.But since he is allergic to cows milk and lactogen, we cant give him that.
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2006-10-26
Name: Hetal
Subject:  11month old diet
Bm/formula or you can start cows milk/soy milk or ask your dr what to give your baby,,because he is allergic to cows milk,,check with your dr if pediasure or 12-24months formula is right for your baby :
3-4feedings/on demand or 24-32oz per day.
infant/toddler cereal/ a serving of grain with milk or one fruit only : 4-6tablespoon.
juice/offer diluted and by one month, graduate your child to 100% juice from diluted,,-- 4-5oz or 1/2cup of juice,,by sippy cup or glass or spoon only.
Fruits : a seperate serving of fruits,chopped,around 8tablespoons or 1/2cup...offer riped,diced,fresh and with skin,,only avoid raw apples,,give them boiled.after 1 year, start offering 1 very thin slice of apple without skin and see how he goes with bowels and then only continue giving raw grated,very thinly sliced(thick enough to bite and thin that you can see thru it light),,,hope you got it.
vegetables -- 8tablespoon or 1/2cup seperate serving of boiled vegetables with regular meals. regular meals include a serving of grain,a dairy,a lentil (in case of indian,mexican), a servin of rice and then vegetablees !
Meat/any source of protein/boiled moong/boiled tofu(in you can you can avoid tofu)/hard boiled egg yolks/chicken/or lentils : 8tablespoon or 2oz or 1/2cup approx.

all this your baby should be able to take atleast at the minimum or in the range. dont expect your baby to complete the servings,,but at the same time, try to make him eat thru out the day, every 3-4hours like mini meals,,if at all he is not able to take the servings he needs...

morning 8 : breakfast/give him fortified cereals,he is ready for toddler cereals,,or offer something like ragi,overboiled oats with one fruits,,
brunch : serving of fruits,,that you are already giving...offer other varieties like ripe banana,boiled apples,ripe pears/peaches/papaya..in your case right now avoid pears,apricots,plums and other high fibre fruits or green vegies,,he is having 4-5bowels,,so he needs to settle with that first.

lunch : that you are already giving,,avoid giving potato and let it be part of vegies than a seperate serving,,you can offer sweet potato if you like,,,or instead offer varieties of vegies,,a grain, a lenthil/sambhar, and rice during lunch...

post lunch snack : juices,,biscuits,toast, wholegrain bread with fresh fruit preserves or juices,,

dinner : offer grain or rice diet...

you are giving your baby 2 times idlies,,same food,,avoid that,,if you are giving it in morening,,
check for his bowels for one more day, offer him boiled apple and see if gets controlled and comes down to 1-2bowels a day,,,

make sure to feed your baby 2-3hours before the dinner and offer him full feed of formula or cows milk from 11months/12months onwards and then after some 15-20mins,,make him sleep...
before offering formula or milk,,you can give him a relaxing bath,,most babies get overtired when their cruising stage starts and this makes them tired at night,,and they cant sleep better,, giving him an hour of good playtime with ball or ne toys and then settling himm like book reading, taking him for walk inside or outside house,dpending on weather,,will help him to sit rested without being overtired or overactive,,and a big plus,,he will learn !
so try this, see if this helps,,if this goes well, i expect him to sleep with a good routines, regular bowels in a 4-5 days.,..
yeah, let me add that if his bowels increase or continues same even after offering foods like papaya or boiled apple,,,offer him boiled apple or chopped ripe papaya,,to the measurements mentioned above and offer it for 1-2days,,continuously and then see,,,,
in this whole process,,if at all his bowels increase or stays same,,,dont wait for my reply,,check with your dr to make sure that this is not sign of ne other thing coming on your way ! okay..
since he is allergic, introduce him foods one by one per week or 3-4days,,to make sure the introduction goes well..

take care, good luck

Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2006-10-31
Name: divyasooruj
Subject:  RE:
Thanks Hetal!!
Sure will try it..
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2006-10-26
Subject:  hi
jst visted this board today,,,
its ok for babies to not have teeth or teething signs upto 15-18months.check the white colour is the line of the teeth or your baby is having deposits of milk..rub a light cotton wash cloth and you will know,,,if its the deposits of milk thats causing the white appearance,,eventually with continous care it will go off,,if it stays in the same play,,it must be just the white line of teeth that might come out ne time ! if other than these two,,ne signs of blood,smelling in mouth occurs,,let your dr decide wat it it.

with bw 3.25kgs,and right now i guess your baby is 11months,,his weight is 7.3kgs,,is around 1.5kgs less, can be achevd.
he is 11months, ready for toddler cereals,try thrm,,,or an offering of wheat/oats, whole grains or multigrains...,,
afternoon add in wheat/roti to his diet,,offer more vegies,,
after lunch,offer him with ragi soup some toast or roasted bread..there are soy based dairies available in market...soy yogurt is also an excellent source of protein,,,

what all he is allergic to, apart from milk ?? let me know,i will let you knw the foods you can give,,,most kids sensitive with milk or lactose are senstive to many foods,,so i cant just write the details !
take care
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2006-10-26
Subject:  11months old diet
Bm/formula or you can start cows milk :
3-4feedings/on demand or 24-32oz per day.
infant/toddler cereal/ a serving of grain with milk or one fruit only : 4-6tablespoon.
juice/offer diluted and by one month, graduate your child to 100% juice from diluted,,-- 4-5oz or 1/2cup of juice,,by sippy cup or glass or spoon only.
Fruits : a seperate serving of fruits,chopped,around 8tablespoons or 1/2cup...offer riped,diced,fresh and with skin,,only avoid raw apples,,give them boiled.after 1 year, start offering 1 very thin slice of apple without skin and see how he goes with bowels and then only continue giving raw grated,very thinly sliced(thick enough to bite and thin that you can see thru it light),,,hope you got it.
vegetables -- 8tablespoon or 1/2cup seperate serving of boiled vegetables with regular meals. regular meals include a serving of grain,a dairy,a lentil (in case of indian,mexican), a servin of rice and then vegetablees !
Meat/any source of protein/boiled moong/boiled tofu(in you can you can avoid tofu)/hard boiled egg yolks/chicken/or lentils : 8tablespoon or 2oz or 1/2cup approx.

all this your baby should be able to take atleast at the minimum or in the range. dont expect your baby to complete the servings,,but at the same time, try to make him eat thru out the day, every 3-4hours like mini meals,,if at all he is not able to take the servings he needs...

morning 8 : breakfast/give him fortified cereals,he is ready for toddler cereals,,or offer something like ragi,overboiled oats with one fruits,,
brunch : serving of fruits,,that you are already giving...offer other varieties like ripe banana,boiled apples,ripe pears/peaches/papaya..in your case right now avoid pears,apricots,plums and other high fibre fruits or green vegies,,he is having 4-5bowels,,so he needs to settle with that first.

lunch : that you are already giving,,avoid giving potato and let it be part of vegies than a seperate serving,,you can offer sweet potato if you like,,,or instead offer varieties of vegies,,a grain, a lenthil/sambhar, and rice during lunch...

post lunch snack : juices,,biscuits,toast, wholegrain bread with fresh fruit preserves or juices,,

dinner : offer grain or rice diet...

you are giving your baby 2 times idlies,,same food,,avoid that,,if you are giving it in morening,,
check for his bowels for one more day, offer him boiled apple and see if gets controlled and comes down to 1-2bowels a day,,,

make sure to feed your baby 2-3hours before the dinner and offer him full feed of formula or cows milk from 11months/12months onwards and then after some 15-20mins,,make him sleep...
before offering formula or milk,,you can give him a relaxing bath,,most babies get overtired when their cruising stage starts and this makes them tired at night,,and they cant sleep better,, giving him an hour of good playtime with ball or ne toys and then settling himm like book reading, taking him for walk inside or outside house,dpending on weather,,will help him to sit rested without being overtired or overactive,,and a big plus,,he will learn !
so try this, see if this helps,,if this goes well, i expect him to sleep with a good routines, regular bowels in a 4-5 days.,..
yeah, let me add that if his bowels increase or continues same even after offering foods like papaya or boiled apple,,,offer him boiled apple or chopped ripe papaya,,to the measurements mentioned above and offer it for 1-2days,,continuously and then see,,,,
in this whole process,,if at all his bowels increase or stays same,,,dont wait for my reply,,check with your dr to make sure that this is not sign of ne other thing coming on your way ! okay..
since he is allergic, introduce him foods one by one per week or 3-4days,,to make sure the introduction goes well..

take care, good luck

2006-10-26
Subject:  Baby diet
Nopz.He is only allergic to milk and all soya products.Think he is not allergic to ghee.Have tried it once.
Pls do suggest me a diet paln for him asap.Please..
Yday morning 8 i gave him idly(1 and half)+ sambar.Then at 11 gave kerala banana.At 2 gave rice and cooked veggies.At 5.30 gave ragi soup.Around 7 gave mashed potato(1).Then around 8, an arrowroot biscuit and at 9 he had an idly.
He passed stool 4-5 times yday and i think his stomach was upset.He didnt sleep a bit in night.He will try to sleep but he cannot.But once i wake him up he will be very active.Will sit and play.
Do let me know whether am overfeeding him?We are much worried about his weight.
Pls help me out.

Thanks a lot,
Divya.

2006-10-19
Subject:  Re:weight
and one more thing i forgot to tell you.. he hasnt even developed a single teeth.But there is some white color in the lower gum from his 9th month.

2006-10-19
Subject:  Re:weight
My babys birth weight was 3.25kg.When he was 31/2 months, his weight was 5.75kg.When he was 7 months his weight was around 6.8kg.But after this there is no much increase.Now his weight is just 7.3kg.He is nearing one.
Doctors say it might be nutrition problem.I am a working mother and my mother in law takes care of my baby.
From fourth month we started giving him semisolid foods.Now we give him almost everything except non-veg and milk(all lactose foods since he is allergic to that).

Pls check whether his diet is adequate:
After BM, morning he takes one and half idly with lil chadni or sambar.Then after a small nap he will have half of grated apple.
Afternoon we give him rice and boiled vegetables(mostly beans,carrot and tomato),then after 2-3 hrs sleep he takes Ragi soup.Then again around 7pm he takes BM and night he will have dosas( 1 and half).
Which all foods have more calorific value?Which all foods are good for gaining weight?
Pls suggest.

regards,
Divya.

2006-10-19
Subject:  hi
wats his current weight, birthweight ????

2006-10-18
Name: sonia
Subject:  about weight
and divya, about weight why don't u consult a nutritionist or someone who can help u with ideas about food for this age child. i am sure hetal will be able to help u here. if i am right 7 kgs is too less for this age. u just have to deal with patience here. u know kids r so difficult to raise, there's a lot of be faced ahead so take it easy as it comes there's a solution to any given problem so all the best !

2006-10-18
Name: sonia
Subject:  hi ! again
hi ! i am so glad the skin problem is better. but i was wondering if there's something u're giving that is making him sleepless - so review what all u're giving again ! coz some things make me sleepless even though i really want to sleep and my body is tired. so think about that. and see u must remember that children this age may take 2 naps in the day time and altogether about 14 hrs or so if u combine the day and night sleep. so if he's sleeping in the day he is obviously not sleeping at night. i am sure his day and night thing is screwed up. and it's so common with parents. u have to break the cycle. it may take u couple of days but then eventually it'll grow on him and u all will have a better day and night sleep. why don't u assess his whole day's routine. by this age he surely has to be in a routine unless he's your second coz with elder ones around like i do my second one's routine is all haywire ! so think about it ! and don't give up. read on the internet. like dr spock's website or at dr. green and babycentre etc. they all have good info available. all the best !

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Thanks

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :
Thanks

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :
Thanks

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:How to Develop a Sleep Routine for your Newborn
Hey dear i will agree with you and will also suggest you to follow this pattern and this is really good to see that you are following such good things, keep posting such good ideas really feeling happy for you and for your kid as well.All the best dear.... - Anaida [View Message]
According to me this is good but then you cannot force your child to sleep as per your wish as kids as really bad in this and they have a tendency to sleep in day and get up in late night so according to me this is not the key to success, please post if i am wrong.... - Anita [View Message]
Hi dear this is good to see that you are taking so much care about your kid but then is your kid following this pattern as my kid has a very odd hours sleep and wake up timings and by that we all get affected as my husband is having morning shifts so its very difficult.... - Anu [View Message]
Hi dear if this is the case i will surely try this and will post you the feedback after a week of this as what was the changes we will see, thank you for sharing such good ideas god bless you as well your kid with good health thanks a ton dear.... - Suman [View Message]
Hello dear based on your post i feel to try to the same in my house and see the results as we are having twins and its very difficult and we feel some times so helpless that we are left frustrated and it happens very often, thanks for the post dear.... - Sujata [View Message]
Hi dear this is good to see that you are having some changes in your child sleep pattern as here i cannot see any changes after trying all your methods but nothing changed, please share if you have any other methods as well as it can surely me a lot.... - Shikha [View Message]
Hi dear what a lovely though of sharing this i am sure you are good soul and want to help out other parents as well, please do continue the good work and will love to see more from you dear. Thanks making this platform working so good really great work.... - Seema [View Message]