---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >Quantity of solid food for 7 month baby
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Feeding:Quantity of solid food for 7 month baby
2009-08-12
Name: Vandana Maulik
Hello,

Please advise me about quantity of Solid Food per feed for my 7 month old baby. He is on Formula Milk and does not take more than 40 ml per feed.

Awaiting.

Vandana
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2009-08-27
Name: Himani Gupta
Subject:  feedings..
Hi Vandana,

40 ml is extremely less amount. Baby of 7 months must take min 500 ml every day be it BM or F. I guess you are over feeding your baby with solid food. give him as much he can eat happily. Potty color is fine as per food. Dont worry. If he is passing motion 2-3 times, its very good and normal. He is not having any issue with that. you just need to manage the no. of feedings. Dont give him citrus things like tomatoes before 1 yr. And please dont worry about milk intake etc. Ask your doc. and weight shud be fine which is most imp. Till 1 yr his milk is MOST imp for health and weight. Wish you luck..
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-08-27
Name: Himani Gupta
Subject:  feedings..
Hi Vandana,

40 ml is extremely less amount. Baby of 7 months must take min 500 ml every day be it BM or F. I guess you are over feeding your baby with solid food. give him as much he can eat happily. Potty color is fine as per food. Dont worry. If he is passing motion 2-3 times, its very good and normal. He is not having any issue with that. you just need to manage the no. of feedings. Dont give him citrus things like tomatoes before 1 yr. And please dont worry about milk intake etc. Ask your doc. and weight shud be fine which is most imp. Till 1 yr his milk is MOST imp for health and weight. Wish you luck..
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-08-12
Name: Anitha
Subject:  Quantity of solid food for 7 month baby
You did not mention how many feeds your baby has. Also till the baby turns 1, BM/F should be the main source of nutrition rather than solids. Hope that helps.

2009-08-23
Name: Vandana
Subject:  Quantity of solid food for 7 month baby
Thanks Anitha,

My baby takes milk thrice in day and once in night. Not more than 40 ml. He always refuses for milk.

Pls. suggest me about solid food also.

Awaiting.

Vandana
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Quantity of solid food for 7 month baby

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Starting Amul Taaza in 5months
I don't think that you should start anything for your kid yet. let him turn 6 months old at least and then you can start with other milk or semi liquid food. But till then your should feed him only your milk.... - NN [View Message]
RE:Feeding honey to babies under 1
No botulism is not common in children in india but you can feed your baby with honey. Honey is good and in case if your baby gets sick due to it you can stop giving it to him and consult a doctor about botulism.... - NN [View Message]
RE: Peadiatricians in Pune
You have 2 options for pediatric doctors, one is the local ones or the ones with their own clinic and the other are who have visiting hours in different hospitals. You can see what suits you the best and which doctor is nice.... - NN [View Message]
RE:solid feeding
You are very lucky that your baby is eating cerelac as not many babies like it and just keep spitting it whenever they are made to eat it. And the idea of putting the boiled apple in the cerelac is very nice.... - NN [View Message]
RE:Two Months Old Baby Feeding..
There are certified milk powders that are specially made and prescribed for new born babies by doctors. You can ask your doctor about the exact brand and the name of it and also about how are you supposed to give it.... - NN [View Message]
RE:Stem cell banking - please help
Choose a bank that would be easier to reach when it is needed. If you choose a bank that is good but you can't have access when needed then it will be of no use. Research a lil more about them and then choose.... - Nandani [View Message]
RE:bottle feeding problem
I have seen my brother in laws son having the same problem. Doctors said that it happens because of hyper acidity. The doctor had given some meds which helped him a lot. Take your daughter to a doctor for consultation.... - Ashna [View Message]

Home Remedies for Coping with Dandruff Video..