---------- OR ----------
Create Account | Login
Create account
As a Member You Can:
  • Join clubs to discuss your interests
  • Connect with people like you
  • Share information, seek advice, get support

India Parenting
You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Feeding >Quantity of solid food for 7 month baby
Start a new Topic

Search a question

Feeding:Quantity of solid food for 7 month baby
2009-08-12
Name: Vandana Maulik
Hello,

Please advise me about quantity of Solid Food per feed for my 7 month old baby. He is on Formula Milk and does not take more than 40 ml per feed.

Awaiting.

Vandana

2009-08-27
Name: Himani Gupta
Subject:  feedings..
Hi Vandana,

40 ml is extremely less amount. Baby of 7 months must take min 500 ml every day be it BM or F. I guess you are over feeding your baby with solid food. give him as much he can eat happily. Potty color is fine as per food. Dont worry. If he is passing motion 2-3 times, its very good and normal. He is not having any issue with that. you just need to manage the no. of feedings. Dont give him citrus things like tomatoes before 1 yr. And please dont worry about milk intake etc. Ask your doc. and weight shud be fine which is most imp. Till 1 yr his milk is MOST imp for health and weight. Wish you luck..
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-08-27
Name: Himani Gupta
Subject:  feedings..
Hi Vandana,

40 ml is extremely less amount. Baby of 7 months must take min 500 ml every day be it BM or F. I guess you are over feeding your baby with solid food. give him as much he can eat happily. Potty color is fine as per food. Dont worry. If he is passing motion 2-3 times, its very good and normal. He is not having any issue with that. you just need to manage the no. of feedings. Dont give him citrus things like tomatoes before 1 yr. And please dont worry about milk intake etc. Ask your doc. and weight shud be fine which is most imp. Till 1 yr his milk is MOST imp for health and weight. Wish you luck..
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-08-12
Name: Anitha
Subject:  Quantity of solid food for 7 month baby
You did not mention how many feeds your baby has. Also till the baby turns 1, BM/F should be the main source of nutrition rather than solids. Hope that helps.

2009-08-23
Name: Vandana
Subject:  Quantity of solid food for 7 month baby
Thanks Anitha,

My baby takes milk thrice in day and once in night. Not more than 40 ml. He always refuses for milk.

Pls. suggest me about solid food also.

Awaiting.

Vandana
Msg Objection   Go to Top

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Quantity of solid food for 7 month baby

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:menu n recipes for 7 months old baby
Hey monica, you can check online google will give you the best ideas is what i feel... - poorni [View Message]
RE:Starting Amul Taaza in 5months
hi richa
you had posted this year ago so what you used for your baby. as per my suggestion fro 5 months baby mother brest feeding is compulsory.... - heena [View Message]
RE:Starting Amul Taaza in 5months
hi richa,
take proper consultation from doctor and after give baby milk, but for 5 month baby brest feeding is compulsory.... - gowardhan [View Message]
RE:Ghee, Sugar etc for a 6 month old- Please advise
When it comes to children at such a young age, one must remember that the quantity of the food is what's most important. Excess of even something beneficial can end up causing harm to the body. I will not be able to comment on sugar since I haven't tried that when my child was younger. However, I used to feed my child very small amounts of Gowardhan ghee when he was around... - Priya [View Message]
RE:Aavin milk is good
Hi Minka,
Avain milk might be some milk which are prepared in milk dairy form.So i think it might be toned already.... - Pari [View Message]
RE:Ghee, Sugar etc for a 6 month old- Please advise
Hi Person,
Feeding such type of food is good only but the thing is it must be feeded in small quantity only.... - Elizabeth [View Message]
RE:Want to start Lactogen but how NULLNULLNULL
Hi Shwetha,
If you really feel that by feeding lactogen baby would get some energy then you can feed that baby food.... - Levi [View Message]

Shopping in Mens Department Video..