You are here: Home > Message Boards > Planning a Baby >  Adoption >How to tell your child that he or she is
Planning a Baby  Discussion Forum

Adoption:How to tell your child that he or she is adopted
2008-09-15
Name: Editor Do you have an adopted child? Have you told your child about his/her adoption? How did you tell your child about his/her adoption?
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2009-05-15
Name: Subha
Subject:  How to tell my child
..she is 6 years now and I think I have to be ready for this. Request for experience sharing and advise ...
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-09-15
Name: Prajakta
Subject:  I am ready for this process
I was preparing myself to tell my child about adoption. This article has helped me a lot to prepare myself for undergoing this process. I think that the agencies which help parents to adopt should also provide them with these details. It will be really helpful to the parents. This is a very sensitive process and people do not know how to go about it. This article will prove to be beneficial to other parents who have adopted kids. Becoming an adoptive parent is much more difficult than becoming biological parent. The most difficult part is about telling child about adoption.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2009-05-15
Name: Subha
Subject:  How to tell my child
Hi,

Can you please share your experience ? Hope you have already discussed it with you child. How was the reaction ?

May God be with you ...always ...

Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-09-15
Name: Rani
Subject:  prepare your child to face society
It is very important to prepare child to face society. Child should know what to say when people ask weird question. It is really important to tell child about answering people politely. It is better that child has an idea about how other children will react when they know about child’s adoption. It is better if the parents speak to child’s friends and their parents regarding this issue. It will be really difficult if the child misunderstands adoption. For this purpose the parents should spend time with their adopted child. And stand by him while facing these kinds of situations.

2008-09-25
Name: Sneha
Subject:  I agree
I agree the views given here. It is always better to talk to the adopted child earlier. During early childhood it is easier for the child to accept/understand the situation. For the child, what is most important is the love that the child has been getting from his/her parents, since the beginning.

The way you have been treating your adopted child always makes a difference. It is your love for the child and the patience in dealing with him/her which will be the force behind making the relationship even stronger.
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2008-09-15
Name: Dhawal
Subject:  talking to children earlier is good
It is better to talk to children earlier only. There are few people in the society who like to ruin other’s happiness. They may mislead children by telling wrong stories about their adoption. It is very necessary that only parents tell them about the adoption and not any other person. Telling children at the earlier stage makes them very familiar to this concept and easy to digest this concept. They will not react differently whenever others will throw question at them. It is a good thing that children do not have to face a dilemma when they grow up.

All tips on Planning a Baby
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
How to tell your child that he or she is adopted

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Planning a Baby
& Answers to Topic :

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Planning a Baby
& Answers to Topic :

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Boy baby for adoption
Hi I am interested. lets talk further...if you want reply me.... - abc [View Message]
RE:willing to adopt a baby

Mom cant's keep her baby and is looking adoption as an option
This birthmother would like to place her baby with a young, active, Christian couple or a single parent. She says that she wants her baby to be loved and cared for as much as possible. This birthmother would like a private adoption mother is interested in placing her baby with a fun-loving family o... - Jesse [View Message]
Boy baby for adoption
Hello I am Indian based in the United state When I became the ‘birth mother’ I was dating a really cool guy. I had just graduated from high school and started college, and he was finishing high school. I found out I was pregnant pretty soon after we began our relationship. We waited to tell our parents because I did not want to be forced to have an abortion after few m... - Jennifer Slisa [View Message]
RE:want 2 adopt a girl child-
Hey dear this is really good to see that you guys are planing to adopt a child and one thing is for sure that you should always go a reputed orphanage as nowadays this is a business and they will tell you all sorts of things which are illegal and should not go with them.... - Anita [View Message]
Hi dear this is really sad to see that you are still not blessed with a child how many years you are been married if you can reply so that i can guide you in this matter and will surely be a great help for you as well, all the best dear for your future.... - Anaida [View Message]
Hi dear what a lovely though i must say that you will be blessed with good child and will pray for you for sure, please be positive and every thing will be in place and you will be happy very soon, so all the best dear and will look forward for your post.... - Anu [View Message]
Hello mrs patna one thing is for sure that you have taken a right decision and would like to congratulate you in this, please feel free to discuss more on it as myself had gone through this procedure and i am aware of all the legalities required in this.... - Anushree [View Message]