You are here: Home > Message Boards > Food Talk >  Kids & Food >Healthy Diet for Kids
Food Talk  Discussion Forum

Kids & Food:Healthy Diet for Kids
2012-10-26
Name: Editor How can parents develop healthy eating habits in children? Which food items should not be given to children? How to include healthy foods in children’s diet?

Click here to read the complete article.
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2012-11-19
Name: Amit Kumar
Subject:  Initiating healthy eating among kids
Guys do check this the Humpty Bumpty Kids blog. They will definitely have your answer..will help solve a lot of problems.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2012-11-07
Name: Sowmya Krish
Subject:  Healthy eating in children
Many parents these days have the same question especially with the increase in junk food everyday. An article from Humpty Bumpty Kids on Instilling Good Habits in Children helped me and my friends a lot, may be you could use it too.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2012-10-30
Name: Sayani
Subject:  Healthy Foods for kids
Healthy foods can be given to kids in an innovative manner. They can be given in form of shakes or sweet dishes. Carrots as carrot halwa are well liked by kids.similarly veggies can be given in form of salads or vegetables can be pureed and made into puris.

2012-10-30
Name: worried mother
Subject:  not eating vegetables
My son does not like to eat vegetables. I tried reasoning with him but he does not seem to understand. How can I make him eat his veggies? I am worried.

2012-11-02
Name: friend
Subject:  help
i think you should add variation to ur dishes such as paalak paratha u can add cheese, instead of making plain khichadi you can add veggies to it etc... u have to be innovative with ur cooking.. m sure ur child will like it!!!:)
Msg Objection   Go to Top

2012-10-30
Name: Shoiab
Subject:  Food for kids
Kids should not be given junk food as a substitute for healthy food. Food as a reward should never be given. Kids should be given healthy food in different varieties so that they do not get bored.

2012-10-30
Name: Sanchya
Subject:  not eating vegetables
Hi Worried mother, your son is too small to understand the benefits of eating vegetables. parents are role models for kids. eat veggies in front of him and he will surely give it a try. Try to incorporate innovative methods in cooking that are appealing to look. Veggie puris work well for kids.

All tips on Food Talk
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Healthy Diet for Kids

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Food Talk
& Answers to Topic :
Healthy Diet for Kids

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Food Talk
& Answers to Topic :
Healthy Diet for Kids

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:Breakfast options for 2 year old
hello pooja,
for your kids you can make heavy breakfast like you can blend apple with oats or any other fruits with oats, and make heavy breakfast, there is no need of egg after this breakfast for anyone,.... - rohini [View Message]
hello pooja,
its not so difficult issue, we can solve it, there is one option to make your breakfast heavy with oats and fruits, and you should feed them in morning only, after this there is no need to egg also.... - shweta [View Message]
hello pooja,
in morning you should make your shedule little beat busy, like you should give time to make breakfast for them, so you can make egg toasted smiles, or make oats and fruits breakfast also for them.... - ranjana [View Message]
hello pooja,
try to make something different and delicious things for them there is no compulsion to use egg in each things, you should make healthier whatever you make for them, that is sufficient for them.... - varsha [View Message]
hello pooja,
so can you mentioned that here good diet and till now what you like to feed to your kid, that we can also understand and then its easy to give suggestion on that basis, so you can tell me.... - divya [View Message]
hello pooja,
there is so many option which is really very helpful for you, you can make very delicious food for your kid, also you can take help of google to watch receipe and try it home for your kids.... - ranjeet [View Message]
hello pooja,
i though it will be better you can consult to your parents or in laws which is good for kid, also you can take consultation from pediatrician it will be helpful for you.... - gayatri [View Message]