You are here: Home > Message Boards > Parents of Babies >  Sleeping >Cloth cradle

Sleeping:Cloth cradle
2006-01-19
Name: mother123 Hi,

My baby sleeps on a bed from birth.
Many people have advised me to put my baby in a cloth cradle (a dhoti or sari that is tied from a hook). They say the baby sleeps better in the cradle.
I've been avoiding it as I feel:
1. The baby cannot move freely like she can in the bed.
2. Her spine may not be straight.
3. The swinging motion as opposed to gentle rocking in our arms can make her feel giddy and also affect her brain.
4. It's not like sleeping with her mother.

What are your opinions on this?
Subscribe to this conversation Reply Anonymously

2016-07-08
Name: Chandu
Subject:  RE:Cloth cradle
Hi Mother,
No need to get worry for that since baby will be small nothing will be happened but you have to check now and then.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2016-07-01
Name: Pari
Hi Mother,
Cloth cradle will not be any harmful for child and it would be good for baby only and cloth would be fabric of cotton only so you can let your baby sleep.
Reply to Original MessageReply to Original Message   Reply to Original Message Reply to This Message   Msg Objection   Go to Top

2016-06-22
Name: banu
Hi Person,
In olden days probably cradle has been used for kids and now a days only we are getting all ready made cradles.So you cannot worried about that.

2016-06-16
Name: banu
Hi Mother,
As a mother you will have lot of concern on child but the thing is cradle is not so harm for baby.Because women working in farms will lay their child in cradle which is knoted to tree.

2016-06-09
Name: Chandu
Hi Mother,
As a mother you will take care of your baby.But it is just matter of few hours nothing would happen.There are cradles which are flat also.You can purchase that and lay down your baby in that.

2016-06-02
Name: Vardhan
Hi concern mother,
Nothing would happen for baby it is the matter of few days only.You can lay your baby happily in the cradle and it will not be repeated as child grows also.Let baby get enjoy all things of her age.

2016-05-27
Name: Lohita
Hi Mother,
It is just for time span and you can do it so happily also but you do it in day time and there will be good for you also and i wish you would share what you have done also and can you share how was your experience also.

2016-05-17
Name: Deepali
Hi Mothers,
It would be good for kid only for some days and they would feel some what better if they sleep in cradle also nothing would happen if they sleep they can sleep so comforatble in the cradle.

2016-05-15
Name: Megha
Hello Mother,
Why so you sleep always your baby in the cloth cradle only for some time know you can do that and nothing would happen also i hope you would do that and in night times baby will sleep with the mother only.You can try that.

2016-05-12
Name: Preethi
Hello Mother,
Why do you do all such things you just make you baby sleep where ever she feels comfort then only she will have nice sleep also.I hope you will do that one only and you will not disturb your baby at all.

2016-05-10
Name: Kittu
Hello Mother,
even that is also problem to you and you are suffering from that it looks so funny also you no need to get tensed for such things and must ignore such things because people will say a lot and will you follow all those.

2006-07-20
Name: ----
Subject:  hi
if the baby is older than 1 month. he or she should sleep in the cradle or crib. babies should not sleep in moms bed. they can be suffocated. adults breath faster than babies. even doctors suggest that babies should sleep in cradle.

----

2006-01-21
Name: Priya
Subject:  different opinion
Hi,

A cloth cradle in no way will harm the baby. If your baby is comfortable in a bed there is no reason to change that. however if the baby is colicky ir not sleeping well then this is a good option. Amby baby which is recommended by peditrician like dr.sears costing over 200$ is based on this tradional cradle

2006-01-21
Name: momtwiceover
Subject:  sleeping in a cradle
I have two kids ,didn,t use cradle for any. If your baby sleeping good on the bed don't change. If you want you can get a baby cot which can be used till the baby is over two yrs old. Think the baby will be comfortable to be able to sleep as freely as possible and not confined to a cradle.

2006-01-20
Name: August Mom
Subject:  Re: Cloth Cradle
Hi!
Does ur baby sleep peacefully in ur bed?
If the answer is yes, then please do not try the cloth cradle as u will have one more thing to wean ur baby from once she gets older.
If ur need is to get the baby to sleep independantly then try a crib- which will feel similar to an adult bed without the hazard of rolling off etc, then once ur baby is old enuf to move to a big bed it wont be so tough to transition.

regds
august mom

2006-01-20
Name: sonu
Subject:  felt same
hi,

i also felt same so i dint allowed my baby to sleep in cradle not even flat cradle.right from birth i made her habit to sleep in bed n now she 21 mths n is very well in bed.she never slept in cradle.

as gujarti many told to put her in it but i felt she might not sleep anywhere if i put her that habit.n ofcz they cannot move freely in it as this days babies are so smart they roll full bed from small age.

i m not in cradle side.dont know what others feel.

sonu
Pages >>  1 

All tips on Parents of Babies
You ever wanted in one place.
No need to go anywhere else.
& Answers to Topic :
Cloth cradle

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :
Cloth cradle

Subscribe to this conversation! All tips on Parents of Babies
& Answers to Topic :
Cloth cradle

Thanks for subscribing
You are already a member, please login to subscribe

------ OR ------

Expecting Parents
Parents of Babies
Last 7 Posts of this Board
RE:How to Develop a Sleep Routine for your Newborn
Hey dear i will agree with you and will also suggest you to follow this pattern and this is really good to see that you are following such good things, keep posting such good ideas really feeling happy for you and for your kid as well.All the best dear.... - Anaida [View Message]
According to me this is good but then you cannot force your child to sleep as per your wish as kids as really bad in this and they have a tendency to sleep in day and get up in late night so according to me this is not the key to success, please post if i am wrong.... - Anita [View Message]
Hi dear this is good to see that you are taking so much care about your kid but then is your kid following this pattern as my kid has a very odd hours sleep and wake up timings and by that we all get affected as my husband is having morning shifts so its very difficult.... - Anu [View Message]
Hi dear if this is the case i will surely try this and will post you the feedback after a week of this as what was the changes we will see, thank you for sharing such good ideas god bless you as well your kid with good health thanks a ton dear.... - Suman [View Message]
Hello dear based on your post i feel to try to the same in my house and see the results as we are having twins and its very difficult and we feel some times so helpless that we are left frustrated and it happens very often, thanks for the post dear.... - Sujata [View Message]
Hi dear this is good to see that you are having some changes in your child sleep pattern as here i cannot see any changes after trying all your methods but nothing changed, please share if you have any other methods as well as it can surely me a lot.... - Shikha [View Message]
Hi dear what a lovely though of sharing this i am sure you are good soul and want to help out other parents as well, please do continue the good work and will love to see more from you dear. Thanks making this platform working so good really great work.... - Seema [View Message]