How to do Bhastrika pranayama
Practicing Yoga, meditation, and pranayama helps to lead stress free life. Learn how to perform Bhastrika pranayama. Regular practice of Bhastrika pranayama will improve your resistance power. It will help you to keep diseases away.
In our busy lives we rarely notice that we are ignoring our physical well-being and spiritual prosperity. Analyse your routine and you will be surprised to know that you hardly have time to look at your spiritual needs. A big wide web of thoughts is not allowing your mind to be stable and calm. Your body and mind too need time to get refreshed.
Yoga and meditation are proven ways to find calmness. Pranayama is a powerful breathing technique that ensures healthy body and calm mind. Practicing various types of pranayama boosts resistance power and gives physical strength. Yoga is of Indian origin. The research in the field of yoga and meditation gave rise to various types of yoga like power yoga and Bikram yoga. Pranayama is a breathing exercise that helps to improve breathing pattern and combat with illnesses.
Bhastrika pranayama - procedure
Ujjayee, Shitali, Viloma, Kapalabhati, Anuloma, Bhastrika, and Bhramari are some of the popular forms of pranayama. Bhastrika pranayama is all about inhaling and exhaling completely so that your body gets maximum amount of oxygen. Follow the steps given below and learn to do Bhastrika pranayama.
- Be seated in comfortable posture. Padmasana (crossed leg) and Vajrasana are the ideal yoga postures to practice pranayama. Place your hands on your knees. Feel relaxed. Focus on your breathing pattern and be relaxed.
- Breathe in by inhaling forcefully through both the nostrils. Make sure that your lungs are full with air. Once you inhale fully, exhale with great force making hissing sound.
- In Bhastrika pranayama one needs to apply force while breathing in and breathing out. You can determine how much speed to apply while inhaling and exhaling keeping in mind your heath and endurance power.
- When you breathe in while performing Bhastrika pranayama, your abdominal should not blow up. Instead your chest area should blow up. Repeat the procedure for 5 to 10 times.
- You have successfully completed Bhastrika pranayama. One should perform Bhastrika pranayama for 5 minutes everyday. Those who have high blood pressure or heart disease should not practice Bhastrika pranayama.
Benefits of Bhastrika pranayama
Yoga is the method to attain self enlightenment. Meditation helps to achieve tranquility. Pranayama is a way to improve your immune system. Bhastrika is a Sanskrit word which means bellows. In Bhastrika pranayama, the breathing pattern resembles the blowing of bellows. Following are the health benefits of performing Bhastrika pranayama.
Regular practice of pranayama purifies blood and enhances oxygen flow. Performing pranayama in the early morning helps to obtain naturally glowing skin. The secret to ageless skin is pranayama. You will not need to spend money on expensive beauty products to hide your age once you get to know the results of pranayama practice. Pranayama is the key to better living.
- Helps to throw out toxins and cures illnesses of respiratory track
- Boosts the supply of oxygen and purifies blood
- Helps to keep negative thoughts away
- Increases warmth in the body and helps to prevent common cold
- Regular practice of Bhastrika pranayama keeps you away from all diseases
Do you believe in the power of yoga and meditation? Do you practice Bhastrika pranayama? Have you benefited by practicing pranayama? To share your tips, views and experiences, click here.
Back to Previous Page
More on Alternative Healing Index
Email this Article to a Friend