We are aware about the advantages of practicing yoga, pranayama, and meditation to lead healthy life. Sun salutation exercise is beneficial in many ways. Read on to know the health benefits of Surya Namaskar. It is a good exercise to stay in shape.
Ramesh wakes up before the sun rises. He climbs the stairs that take him to the terrace of his building. The gentle morning sunrays make him feel good. He unfolds his yoga mat and start doing Surya Namaskar. His day starts with sun salutation exercise that ends with pranayama and meditation. He feels fresh and enthusiastic throughout the day. Following are the health benefits of practicing Surya Namaskar regularly.
- Surya Namaskar consists of 12 different bodily postures that ought to be performed in particular sequence.
- Practicing Surya Namaskar is beneficial for the health of digestive system. It stretches the abdominal muscles. Regular practice of Surya Namaskar helps to lose excessive belly fat and gives flat stomach.
- Surya Namaskar is the ideal exercise to cope with insomnia and related disorders. Surya Namaskar practice calms the mind, thus helps to get sound sleep.
- Surya Namaskar practice regulates irregular menstrual cycles. Practicing Surya Namaskar ensures the easy childbirth. It helps to decrease the fear of pregnancy and childbirth.
- Surya Namaskar practice boosts blood circulation and helps to prevent hair graying, hair fall, and dandruff. It also improves the growth of hair making it long.
- Regular practice of Surya Namaskar helps to lose extra calories and reduce fat. It helps to stay thin. Practicing Surya Namaskar is the easiest way to be in shape.
- Sun salutation exercise helps to add glow on your face making facial skin radiant and ageless. It is the natural solution to prevent onset of wrinkles.
- Regular practice of sun salutation boosts endurance power. It gives vitality and strength. It also reduces the feeling of restlessness and anxiety.
- Daily practice of Surya Namaskar makes body flexible. It improves flexibility in spine and in limbs.
The 12 mantras for Surya Namaskar
12 mantras for Surya Namaskar are the auspicious mantras (chants). One should recite one mantra after completing one round of Surya Namaskar. Some people prefer to recite Gayantri Mantra after doing sun salutations. Following are the 12 mantras to recite while performing sun salutation.
- Aum mitraya namah
- Aum ravaye namah
- Aum suryaya namah
- Aum bhanave namah
- Aum khagaya namah
- Aum pushne namah
- Aum hiranyagarbhaya namah
- Aum marichaye namah
- Aum adityaya namah
- Aum savitre namah
- Aum arkaya namah
- Aum bhaskaraya namah
You may also be interested in:
- The Indiaparenting Team